Director in the field of Information Technology to oversee the day to day operations of Field Service, IT Service Desk, End User Computing, Mobility and IT collaboration on a global level. Responsible for managing and advancing support of end-user service requests and computing issues. Implements operational best practices and continuous Service Management improvement. Ensures service levels are met and end-user satisfaction is achieved. Provides technical expertise for both tactical and strategic initiatives. Ensures IT processes are service-oriented and business-focused. Provides detail and summary reporting for key metrics. Leads, mentor and develops team members.
- Lead global teams providing IT service desk and technical end-user support.
- Monitor for continuous service and process improvement.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key metrics, KPIs, including user satisfaction, average response time, mean time to repair, incident avoidance, call deflection, and end-user productivity.
- Deliver End User Experience projects on time with high-quality standards; operate within a budget.
- Ensure “How To’s” and FAQs are documented and organized in a knowledge repository for user reference
- Coordinate and deliver technical support (Break/Fix) as needed for corporate, business and other remote site events.
- Build and manage a world-class 24 x 7 Service Desk Team, including:
- Workplace Remote Services
- Workplace Field Services
- Drive service desk efficiencies, ITIL, and continual process improvement across the IT organization
- PC Image Management.
- Migrate to Microsoft’s Auto-Pilot to build profile-based images based on user roles.
- Image Delivery
- Application Packaging and Distribution
- Workstation Patching
- Promote self-service tools, automation, catalog of services and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve service levels, end-user satisfaction and productivity.
- Perform trend analyses and develop action plans for improving productivity, service responsiveness and cost efficiencies.
- Stay current in end-user support, management, technologies, sourcing, compliance, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure standards are followed; provide evidence for internal and external audits.
- Oversee the provisioning, deployment, management, and tracking of all end-user equipment and disposal.
- Manage device lifecycle replacement; maintain unit forecasts.
- Establish & Manage device standards and user profiles for device deployment.
- Own and manage Hardware and Software Vendor management for vendors that play in this space (Microsoft, Lenovo, ITS, etc.).
- Own and manage eMail Messaging services (MS O365).
- Own & manage Mobility services.
- Own & manage Collaboration technology (End User facing) and Meeting experiences.
- Own and manage migration to standard cloud storage services (MS OneDrive).
- Develops service and business level agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develop Risk Mitigation strategies and Business Continuity plans.
- Employee Onboarding, specifically as it aligns to ensuring the user has all required technologies available on their Day One.
- Lead direct reports and their technical teams, provide challenging assignments, training, and career opportunities.
- Develop department goals, objectives, and operating budgets.
- Will be accountable for End User device budget and spend (approx. $4M per year). Including end-user productivity software (Microsoft O365) approx. $13M per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Science or Business Administration.
- Relevant technical and process certifications (ITIL, HDI)
- 10+ years of leadership experience within IT Operations; at least 5 years as a Director.
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, lead, coach, motivate and work through others to achieve desired results.
- Experience in project planning, implementation and management.
- Experience supporting multi-OS platforms (Windows, MAC, Mobile); physical devices and VDIs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and can perform exceptionally under high-stress conditions. Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Active Directory management, Group Policy, Deployment tools, Telecom systems, and Windows Server technology.
- An engaging person that builds relationships based on trust and delivering on promises.
- Strong customer service mindset and knows the meaning of service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple/disparate projects at the same time.