With 8.6% inflation—a 40-year high—many people are feeling the pinch in their wallets as the cost of food, gas, and rent rise. If you haven’t received a raise in the past year, it may be time to negotiate a higher salary. Inflation is a fantastic negotiation tool because it’s an objective standard, says Andres Lares, managing partner at Shapiro Negotiations Institute, a negotiation consulting firm.
“It isn’t me asking for a raise for an arbitrary reason, such as ‘I’m a very good worker,’” he says. “Your boss may or may not agree. But inflation is well documented. If you made $150,000 last year and you’re making $150,000 now, you’re effectively making less money [when it comes to buying power.]”
Ben Cook, CEO of the salary negotiation consulting firm Riva, tells his clients, “If you didn’t get an 8% pay raise this year, you got a pay cut.” “Assuming you didn’t do so poorly that you deserve a pay cut, it’s time to ask for a raise,” he says.
But it’s easier said than done for most people. Asking for a raise feels like a confrontation, says Cook. “Most people don’t like confrontation,” he says. “The cost of not negotiating is hard to visualize. It doesn’t feel like someone is taking money away from you, but it’s money that you don’t earn. It is, in fact, the same thing.”
Read the complete Fast Company article BY STEPHANIE VOZZA: https://www.fastcompany.com/90762674/how-to-negotiate-your-salary-to-help-with-inflation
Apply to this job
This Developer role, in collaboration with the Director of App Dev, creates, develops, and maintains applications and solutions built on the Power Platform: Power Apps, Power Virtual Agents, Power Automate, Power BI as well as SharePoint, AI, and future technologies. This position will work with cross-functional teams across departments, and global business units, within the organization to understand their requirements to identify, design, plan, develop, test, debug, document, train, maintain, and support tools that will enable the business.
Building and configuring Power Apps, automatic process workflows with Power Automate, and necessary connectors
- Governance and implementation of the Power Platform tools and SharePoint
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, teammates, and vendors/suppliers
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, emails, and personal requests for technical support in a timely manner including feedback and closure
- Perform knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems
- Collaborate with team members to identify, recommend, plan, develop and implement technology
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate
- Ensure procedures are in place to protect all applications, data, and databases
- Assist team members as needed
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally
- Available to work after hours and on weekends as required
- May lead and direct the work of team members (project-specific)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Services or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background, skills, and experience to include a minimum of 5 years programming experience in windows or web development environments
- Formal training in software development, Power Platform, system design, functional and business process analysis
- 2+ years of experience in development utilizing Microsoft Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI) and SharePoint, SQL
- Recent experience developing solutions within Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of Office 365, Teams, and SharePoint administration
- Must have a hands-on working knowledge of consuming Web Services using SOAP, REST, JSON
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Designer 2016 and/or SharePoint Online
- Working knowledge of InfoPath 2013
- Familiar with Azure DevOps or similar
- Experience utilizing Agile Development Methodology
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL concepts and solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop software such as the Microsoft Office suite
We love to share $1,000 bonuses for successful referrals
No C2C at this time.
Time to register your internship openings and hire summer interns, Free to Providers, Students are paid through grants.
Register at Miami.GetMyInterns.org
Summer & Academic Year Internships
Our students are your future employees. Help launch the careers of thousands of students from Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Internship providers: please register your remote and/or on-site internship openings.
Interns strengthen the companies where they work resulting in a more productive workforce in our community.
Your company takes part in preparing students for life by providing them with learning options outside of the traditional classroom.
You are invited to Save-The-Date for the much anticipated 15th Annual CIO Golf Outing taking place at the Jacaranda Golf Course!
The Annual CIO Golf Outing is the most anticipated event of the year and provides both sponsors and players the opportunity to invite clients for a morning on the golf course.
In addition to spectacular golfing, the event offers a delicious buffet-style lunch served during the presentation and prize-giving ceremony.
The event incorporates several competitions including Team Prize for 1st and 2nd placed overall foursome, and Men’s & Ladies’ Longest Drive & Closest to the Pin.
Event information, sponsorship and player packages, visit: https://ciocouncilsouthflorida.org/
Questions regarding sponsorship and participation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org