The IT Support Services Manager is a technical management position responsible for daily and strategic planning, operation, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of IT systems, networks, and enterprise applications. Manages IT Command Center functions including: staff and develop Help Desk, NOC, and Site Support team members; develop, administer, and maintain IT change, incident, and problem management systems, applications, tools, procedures, and knowledgebase; analyze, trend, and communicate IT service level performance metrics pertaining to system availability, trouble tickets, and service request activities; implement continuous process improvement to assure quality IT support services; maintain software, hardware and resources inventory;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, establish, implement, and administer IT policies, standards, procedures, measurements and controls.
- Develop change management processes and regulate adherence.
- Manager technical projects within the support environment.
- Supervise IT Command Center and Site Support teams to ensure timely and effective responses to user and business needs.
- Conduct performance evaluations; make hiring and disciplinary decisions and salary recommendations.
- Meet regularly with support staff to discuss deliverables, timelines, and documentation.
- Oversee Helpdesk, Desktop, Application, and Infrastructure support problems and resolutions to determine trouble trends.
- Monitor, alert, and report on IT system, service, and application performance metrics.
- Manage trouble ticket and service request escalations to ensure timely resolution and/or fulfillment.
- Communicate incident and root cause notifications to internal business units.
- Provide management reports on IT system availability.
- Develop and establish site support deployment and provisioning standards and procedures.
- Work closely with department contacts on issues to improve customer relations and technical support.
- Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence and faxes.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
- Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a framework to address NOC monitoring/alerting, business impact assessment, Help Desk problem management, and IT service request workflow.
- Assist with development and maintenance of formal HelpDesk, NOC, and Site Support Desktop knowledgebase, policies and procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
- Analyze and provide metrics to assist in improving all IT support areas.
- Analyze Help Desk, NOC, and Site Support trends and provide continuous improvement and flexibility of the support function to assure service exceeds end user expectations.
- Improve the efficiency of the Help Desk, NOC, and Site Support Specialist by arranging and/or presenting training sessions.
- Improve the employee performance, efficiency and productivity by continuous coaching.
- Review technician tickets daily for accuracy, policy adherence, and feedback opportunities.
- Evaluate the performance of team through several statistical and reporting methods and models.
- Execute proper methodologies to improve call resolutions, manage customers’ individual perceptions and develop strong and stable internal relationships.
- Develop and distribute of IT reports and metrics.
- Manage all Service Desk related projects, providing regular updates to the project stakeholders.
- Ensure technician adherence to company and IT policies and procedures.
- Emergency escalation point for major issues, including after-hours and weekend on call rotation.
- Responsible for managing the schedule for all shifts on the Help Desk and NOC as well as technician PTO requests, sick days, travel to facilities, and any other event that requires the schedule to be altered.
We love to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”