SUP-X comes to the Greater Fort Lauderdale-Broward County Convention Center February 16 – 17, 2016
Produced for the past two years for the Boca Raton based Gold Coast Venture Capital Association as “The GCVCA’s Expo”. The event has been rebranded and expanded to now target a national audience.
SUP-X is a two day conference and large exposition. Pre-main event workshops for entrepreneurs and women owned businesses/investors. General sessions on Day 2 combining all attendees with separate breakout tracks for investors and entrepreneurs.
The event is expected to attract 1500 – 2000 startup and early-stage entrepreneurs, angel and VC investors, and related service providers from around North America. With approximately 150 exhibitors and sponsors marketing products and services of interest to entrepreneurs and investors in nearly 50,000 square feet of exhibition space.
The 2-day for mat is expected to cover: Intensive workshops for entrepreneurs lead by distinguished subject matter experts, special half-day of workshops specifically for women entrepreneurs and women investors, unique and exclusive opportunities for investors to meet fellow investors from throughout North America to develop deal flow and partnership opportunities, a well-funded business plan competition and exhibition opportunities for entrepreneurs.
We have over 80 sessions submitted and are about to cut off any more speaker submissions. Looks like a great line up with great topics and speakers. We are in the process of organizing an “IOT” track with both presentations and lots of hands on devices with mentors present to help you make some progress. Raspberry Pi’s, Echoes and other devices will be available with people from the community, Microsoft and Amazon to help you. There will be some prizes as part of a mini-hackathon, more details as we get it organized.
Free Attendee Registration: http://bit.ly/sfcc2016
While our region is awash with national and international trade / technology events, many local events are simply overshadowed. And yet, it is these local events that offer true value to our resident tech community. The reason, in my view, is that local events not only provide community support but also offer a level of continuity that is lacking in national events. The big nationals may simple choose to skip our region if conditions are unfavorable, whereas local events will always be, local!
I’m not suggesting that locally held national events are without value or merit or that we should not offer them our whole hearted support, I’m suggesting we should offer the same or greater support to our local events. From the smallest meet-up and users group to ITPalooza and beyond, they are organized by dedicated teams of local volunteers whose selfless work helps to promote our region and our talent to the rest of the nation and the world – that’s why ‘Local is Lekker’
Visit ‘Big Annual Tech Events‘ (regularly revised as event dates are updated year-on-year)
As an Affiliate Manager, you will be responsible for growing and maintaining the overall revenue of your portfolio of publishers, including actively recruiting new, and selling to existing publishers, and finding the optimal synergies of available campaigns to capitalize on their results. This position is permanent, full-time, and includes a competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. Key Accountabilities: Sales and Promotion
- Grow your base of publishers to meet and exceed the monthly sales targets
- Actively recruit and diversify your portfolio of publishers that specialize in email, display, social, PPV (pay per view) promotion methods with traffic on CPA/CPC models.
- Introduce publishers to the offers available from our company that match their individual business models
- Work with existing publishers to build trusting relationships and suggesting innovative ways to increase ROI for the company and publishers
- Promote and market our company representative at conferences and business meetings across North America as required
- Client Relations
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented entrepreneurial environment
- Post-secondary education in communication, business, commerce or marketing
- Online marketing or advertising experience an asset
- Ideal candidate will have a diversified portfolio of publishers in Display, Social, PPV (pay per view) promotion methods with traffic on CPA/CPC models.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Power Point, as well as various online marketing models such as CPA, CPC, CPM
- Driven to succeed – meet and exceed individual and team targets and goals
- Ability to warm-call, up-sell and negotiate with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction well and follow through with project deadlines
- Exceptional sense of organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan work to meet deadlines and unexpected situations and/or requests
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite, HTML and using the Internet as a research tool
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses!
The 12th annual South Florida Code Camp is around the corner. I’d like to invite anyone who has considered speaking to give it a try. Although most of the speakers have a few under their belt, many started out at a code camp. If you have any questions or need some encouragement, please contact me, Dave Noderer [email protected] or any of the code camp staff.
Speaker registration link is: http://fladotnet.com/codecamp/SpeakerRegistration.aspx.
As always, this free all day event for software developers would not take place without the generosity of our sponsors. For sponsorship information contact [email protected].
Attendee Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/south-florida-code-camp-2016-registration-12675874883