Chipotle is offering high school and college students the opportunity to win a ticket to TEDxBocaRaton INGENUITY2016. For a chance to win one of 1500 free tickets, complete a brief questionnaire at TEDxBocaRaton.com.
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading.” The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
Register here for regular Tickets!
Download the PFD version: TEDx-Approved-Student-FLyer
Join Dan Gudema for the 13th startup pitch taking place in Boca Raton at the Greenhouse Building.
PLEASE SIGNUP & PAY ON EVENTBRITE.
THE FORMAT: Between 5 and 10 local tech start-ups will be given up to 3 minutes (no pitch deck) to pitch their concept or product/service. There is networking before and after the event. Pitching companies can provide a short, no more than 4 pages of power point or PDFs, which we will display on a screen. There will be a panel of successful entrepreneurs and investors who will be at the event. This panel will have a few moments to ask a few questions following each pitch.
PITCH DECK REQUIREMENT: We are requiring participants to fill out up a 1 to 4 page pitch deck. This pitch deck will be used for both pitching and for interested investors. This is required! Our limit is 4 pages! Remember this is a 3 minute pitch. The pitch deck must be landscape and a PDF file. You can go to this link here to review an example pitch deck.
The start-up companies pitching have up to 3 minutes to answer 5 common questions about their business:
What is their product/service?
What is their business model?
Size of the Market they serve?
How do they get to market or get traction?
What are they here looking for? Capital, Partners, Advisers, etc..
Need more info? visit the Meetup page or contact Dan Gedema
Join us on Saturday and Sunday January 30-31 at Marlins Park as we re-Imagin Miami!
re:Imagine.MIAMI is a new kind of experience… Designed to inspire, empower, and impact the future of Miami. The experience includes an Inspire Club to inspire us to Imagine the Future, an Empower Club to provide to tools you’ll need to build that Future, and an Impact Club to get started TODAY! In addition we have created a once in a lifetime Teach-a-Thon experience for Miami Dade & Broward Students, all housed @ Miami Marlins Park in Downtown Miami. Seating for sessions like “Rebuild Instagram on iOS in 1 Hour” will fill up quickly, so make sure to get you preferred seating!
Like the multi-talented personas of the art world, the tech world has produced its own unique luminaries. Not unlike the art world, many have come to fame years after their deaths while others are instant heroes. I’m reminded or Alan Turing, most famous for his work on breaking the German Enigma code during WWII; his top secret work only coming to light in recent years. After the market crash of Web 1.0, Web 2.0 is producing new talent almost daily. It’s a world in which ‘start-up’ is the new normal and established companies are often overlook and seen by many as old fashioned and stuffy.
But ‘established’ is important if you’re looking for something more that an investment opportunity or a niche product to fatten your portfolio. Established companies bring many advantages to their clients like experience, security, longevity and persistence to name a few. I’m proud to call SherlockTalent ‘established’ and I’m proud of our track record in the region. In a highly competitive field, SherlockTalent brings a culture of success uncommon in today’s market.
On a rather sad note, I join the millions who mourn the passing of David Bowie
Look up here, I’m in heaven… David Bowie. Jan 8, 1947-Jan 10, 2016
This contract position will work in close collaboration with the development team and business analysts. Testing efforts will mainly cover our enterprise accounting web application. Local candidates (South Florida) only. You must have prior Testing Experience. Working in an Agile environment and utilizing Microsoft Test Manager is a plus.
Salary Range: $30-$35/hour
Key Duties Include:
• Create and execute test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
• Create automated Test Scripts
• Identify, document and track issues found during testing.
• Support deployments into all environments.
• Participate in Sprint Backlog, Planning, and Review meetings.
• Demo working software to Product Owners at the end of each sprint.
• Responsible for system and integration testing.
• Analyze and test Production issues, as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
• College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience
• At least 2 years of prior testing experience, which must include writing and executing your own test cases, with the ability to come up with all scenarios to verify a requirement and “break” the code
• Desire candidates with basic knowledge/experience with: T-SQL, TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, programming knowledge, web applications or mobile applications, Agile methodology using the Scrum framework
• General understanding of Software Development and Software Testing lifecycles.
• Must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to follow processes, work effectively in a team, maintain a positive attitude, and adjust to changing priorities or processes.
• Desire to learn and create automation test scripts using Visual Studio Coded UI
• Seeking candidates with any Accounting/finance knowledge, e.g.: Payment processing / payment processing workflow, Balancing transactions, Claims processing / claims processing workflow, Bookkeeping, Bank Reconciliation, Billing Experience, Banking Experience, Closing the Books, working with Debits/Credits
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses!