Full Time/On-Site, Miami, FL, $110K – $135K
Do you want to help save planet earth’s marine life? Are you passionate about managing software development and delivering world-class code?
Your opportunity to impact change is now. Join a rapidly growing software product company based in Miami Beach. This 20-year-old SaaS firm recently received a significant investment. We’re building a new level management team to scale success.
To be qualified, you must have progressive career growth experience in the Microsoft stack of technologies, from hands-on development and/or analysis to managing teams of software developers and analysts.
SherlockTalent is looking for someone to take on a Development Manager for a SAAS (Software as a service) company that’s been in business for over 20 years. Laid-back but result-oriented environment, always using the latest proven technology available. This role is a leadership role that will involve mentoring, documentation, estimating and active development. You will be expected to design new applications and solutions, as well as guide your fellow developers towards your vision. Strong estimation experience is a must.
The Software Development Manager’s focus and primary role is to contribute to the code and manage the team of developers that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software related to the Platform. As a manager of software developers, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software solutions to provided design specifications. The candidate will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and be accountable for the success of projects from all technical aspects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in development efforts for all projects, helping developers overcome any obstacles that may appear.
- Directly manages and monitors all software development positions and active development.
- Works with DevOps Manager to ensure that development and deployments result in successful project releases.
- Review user stories and requirements to determine feasibility and technology needs.
- Responsible for conducting code review sessions with the development team to ensure are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of the program
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, project managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex elements of technical operations.
- Coordinate with quality assurance and project management to ensure that development quality standards and release targets are being met.
- Monitors and maintains metrics for production defects, sprint burndowns, and velocity to report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Works closely with the DevOps Manager in release planning, preparation, validation, post-release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
- Possesses expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools.
- Possesses high-level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, databases, and system design.
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Coordinate with the development and DevOps as needed for production rollouts after receiving approval from project management.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship-building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high-quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- 10+ years of software development with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of the SDLC and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools.
- 3+ years of development management experience
- Experience with Octopus, TeamCity, or similar deployment / continuous integration strategy is desirable
- Experience with Azure, Virtualization, and App Services is desirable.
- Experience in React, Angular, iOS, Android is a plus.
- GIS experience is a plus
- Experience in SSO and SAML architectures is a plus
- Well versed in GIT or other version control/branching methodology.
- Experience writing and coding for APIs.
- Strong backend coding experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be available to work immediately in the Miami area, FL.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.