Our Client Located near Downtown Miami is looking for a Java Web Developer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coding, production, modification, and maintenance of enterprise-class websites for desktop and mobile. Focusing on the Java tier of their web applications, works closely with their front-end developers and IT Enterprise services team to write clean, modular, and efficient code that enable their digital products.
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / DEVELOPER SKILLS:
- Java & J2EE • MVC frameworks including Struts and Spring
- Integration with web services
- JSON, XML / XSLT
- Relational databases
- Design patterns
- Responsible for the design, development, operation, and maintenance of web-based Java applications, Web services, and Web interfaces. Designs, develops and implements site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning and developing system features and functionality
- Codes digital products and their new features at the application layer. Codes will consume APIs and services that enable cruise itinerary bookings, restaurant reservations, loyalty management, online check-in systems, guest personalization, and social media integration.
- Determines design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting test
- Defines interdependency with other disciplines and is involved in the testing and certification processes
- Leads, directs and provides technical guidance to team
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Java & J2EE development, JSON, XML / XSLT, TSQL, MVC frameworks including Struts and Spring, Integration with web services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Web Development or equivalent professional experience.
- SME in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture and Web Service development standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL) and developing in Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Agile/Scrum development methods Experience working on at least one of the following:
- Large enterprise-level marketing sites with deep content marketing, an eCommerce or booking funnel, rich product content catalogs, and features including calendar, facets, tag management, and feeds from other core business systems
- International eCommerce sites with experience developing user interactions and understanding complex product catalog-related integrations with other applications
- A lifestyle brand as a branded manufacturer with a direct channel or a retailer’s eCommerce channel
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 Referral Bonus!