Miami Dade College (MDC) will launch its new, state-of-the-art Cybersecurity Center of the Americas at 11 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 22, at MDC’s Wolfson Campus. MDC’s President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón, Adi Dar, CEO of Cyberbit and others will deliver remarks.
Open to students and professionals, trainees will experience live cyberattacks and learn how to respond to today’s advanced cyber threats. The unique training, coupled with theoretical learning, will give students a competitive advantage as they enter the workforce and will give working professionals the opportunity to advance their careers.
Read the complete article on MDC blog here: https://news.mdc.edu/press_release/miami-dade-college-to-launch-groundbreaking-cybersecurity-center-of-the-americas-aug-22/
Apply to this job
We are looking for a SQL Developer work out of our Miami office.
- Responsible for the development and support activities on the database servers. This will include the creation of code units that run as part of the database server and optimization of query and database performance.
- Creates applications to solve specific business problems to include the creation of applications to perform data cleansing, data conversion, and data loading. May also be asked to create application solutions in other areas as well.
- Shares responsibility for the support, maintenance, and optimization of a large number of databases.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of database issues by working closely with our Application Support team.
- Involved in the analysis and design of software and database solutions.
- Tests and documents solutions as they are developed. Also assists in the integration of code units and database scripts as part of larger solutions.
- Responsible for adhering to all departmental and team policies for design, development, testing and deployment of solutions.
- Creates effective user manuals for developed solutions.
- BS in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of SQL Server experience.
- SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005, Query Analyzer, Stored Procedures/Functions
- DTS (Microsoft Integration Services)
- Database Optimization in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Database Support in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Experience in the following languages: Microsoft VB.NET 2003, 2005, T-SQL
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- MS Access Conversion and Development
- Visual Source Safe experience
- ERP Experience preferable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and support issues simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and able to handle changing priorities.
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Technical Learning
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
Help shape our future leaders! Join the STEM Advisory Board annual retreat to plan the upcoming 2018-2019 academic year of STEM objectives and activities for Miami-Dade County Public Schools NAF Academies of:
- Information Technology
- Health Science
Breakfast and networking begin at 8:00AM, followed by focused planning sessions. We’ll finish by 12 noon.
Hosted by Omi Ramirez, Campus CIO, Miami Dade College
MDC Interamerican Campus
627 SW 27th Ave., Miami, FL 33135
STEM related websites and activities for more background information:
- Internships: https://miami.getmyinterns.org/
- Student/Industry conference: https://miaminaf.org/
Early Bird pricing for sponsorships and tickets ends midnight on Labor Day – 9/3/2018.
Where else can you exhibit at an all-day event that attracts 2000 local and regional Technology Professionals for ONLY $1500?
You are invited to join the largest gathering of the South Florida technology community for ITPalooza 2018. You’ll connect with peers and industry experts, attend technology education sessions presented by regional and national subject matter experts all while experiencing the best IT and Technology available in our region.
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Ft. Lauderdale-Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (954) 765-5900
Parking for 3000 cars available at the Convention Center
Doors open at 8:00 AM
Print it out or eMail it to a colleague!
Download the Official ITP18 Sponsorship Prospectus.
If you need a convenient PDF document to forward to a colleague or friend, download the official ITP18 sponsorship opportunities price list.
You are invited to join us on Thursday, August 23rd. The SFTA will be hosting its summer social “Internet of Beers” at the FAU Tech Runway from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
Sponsor Tables are available for $200 to SFTA members and $300 to non-members. Sponsors can staff a table, set up signage, give away swag and meet new clients!
Our summer social event will feature beer sampling from multiple of South Florida Microbreweries, including:
- Barrel of Monks
- Concrete Beach Brewing
- Wynwood Brewing Co.
- NOBO Brewery
Meet the User Groups – Speed dating style
The event will also feature “speed dating” segments where a number of IT groups (“members of the alliance”) – from Agile to WITI – will give a one to two-minute overview of their group. There will be one slide for each group in the slide deck that plays as the representatives give their brief overview. After the presentations, the alliance members can socialize with the audience who will then know who they are and a little bit about their group.
For a group to qualify, the SFTA asks:
- That at least 5 members of the group attend, including, preferably, the group leader(s)
- That the group make a formal announcement to their members (e.g. on their meetup page) about the event as they would one of their own events
- That the group actively promote the event
- Interested organizations should contact Nicole via email – [email protected].
We will need:
- One line description of the group or organization
- Key contacts
Alliance Members who have already expressed an interest in participating include:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Users Group
- ISSA – South Florida Information Systems Security Association
- ISACA – Information Systems Audit and Control Association South Florida Chapter
- WITI – Women in Technology
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Registration + networking
- 6:00 PM – 6:15 PM – SFTA Welcome and Update and intro to Breweries
- 6:15 PM – 8:30 PM – Alliance Organization Presentations, Networking/Food/Beer
- 8:30 PM – Final Remarks