It’s always good news when we hear of local companies that are not only remaining in South Florida but are also expanding their tech resources. Such is the case with the latest news coming out of Modernizing Medicine. The local healthcare tech company based in Boca Raton was founded by Daniel Cane and Dr. Michael Sherling.
Modernizing Medicine – will double its office space in Boca – currently, employs about 550 people and is generating $100 million in revenues annually, making it one of South Florida’s largest and fastest-growing tech companies.
This is good news for our area in general and for tech job seekers in particular.
Read the complete Miami Herald article
Apply to this job
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is an executive thinker, who leads the growth strategy, marketing and branding efforts for all products and plays an important role in the development and adaptation of overall company strategic planning initiatives. The CMO must have an established track record for success in leading cross-functional teams, experience in sales and marketing, B2B and B2C campaigns and collateral.
The CMO will be a spokesman for the companies products and therefore must be a successful new business development executive and also interface on a regular basis with existing customers.
The executive will oversee the day-to-day operations of project execution, which would include R&D, creative briefing and tactical execution, results, analytics, and testing.
The CMO should be prepared to take on a leadership role within the Company beyond Marketing and to help lead the strategic vision for the organization and develop aligned operational plans to achieve it.
The role requires a flexible leader who can drive The CMO is expected to be a hands on leader who can motivate and inspire employees and customers. This role reports to the CEO.
Within a short timeframe the chosen individual will develop and implement brand and marketing strategy for current and future products.
The CMO will establish, direct, execute, and oversee integrated marketing strategies, policies, and initiatives to meet organizational objectives and provide the organization with a detailed and executable marketing plan that defines and supports key revenue, conversion and organizational goals.
A key activity the executive will have is to develop and retain talented employees and lead the team to become a high performing, highly energized and engaged marketing organization.
The CMO must be able to understand and interpret research and market dynamics for use in optimizing strategy and/or gaining efficiencies and developing new programs to best meet key business, sales and revenue objectives.
Make rock-solid and effective marketing decisions supported by data, report on campaign effectiveness and ROI. Direct and execute on multiple projects and goals concurrently. The executive will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and third party marketing resources
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising or related field. An advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred.
- The top candidate will need to understand target market and enhance the company’s brand by reinforcing the value proposition via all available marketing channels.
- 10+ years of marketing experience with recent and significant experience in a marketing leadership
- Minimum 5+ years in a senior leadership role with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, sales and business development
- Proven track record of success of driving the overall success of a marketing organization
- Must be someone who is really excited by a challenge and being part of a growth machine. An energetic individual with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experienced working in an ever-changing environment is strongly preferred
- Possess a strong track record of developing successful, innovative and cost effective marketing campaigns.
- Expert level experience using analytics to drive marketing efforts
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Shirley!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida. – Centrify renews commitment to ITPalooza.
We are super excited to welcome Centrify back to ITPalooza as our Morning Keynote Sponsor. At ITP16, the Centrify Keynote drew a record crowd and filled the 500 seat theater for an enthralling presentation by Bill Mann, SVP of Products and Chief Product Officer. For ITP17, the Keynote Theater will be separated from the main exhibit to create an atmosphere of focus and excitement for the presenter and the delegates alike.
Centrify redefines security from a legacy static perimeter-based approach to protecting millions of scattered connections in a boundaryless hybrid enterprise. As the only industry recognized leader in both Privileged Identity Management and Identity-as-a-Service, Centrify provides a single platform to secure every user’s access to apps and infrastructure in today’s boundaryless hybrid enterprise through the power of identity services.
After a very successful first workshop back in April, I am offering the Value Driven and Adaptive Planning Workshop again and this time over a weekend at the end of September to accommodate those who have a hard time taking the day off.
Here is what the last cohort group said about the workshop:
- “It was relevant, based on real life projects, experience circumstances. It was practical with recommendations that can be applied immediately.”
- “Thanks for an engaging workshop – I’m excited to take new ideas back to work for improving planning!”
- “I liked that it provided an in depth dive into my specific role as a business analyst.”
- “Excellent level of engagement and balance between discussion detail and course progress. Great content knowledge”
People can register via Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/value-driven-and-adaptive-planning-workshop-agile-requirements-and-planning-tickets-35258639540 and I am currently offering $100.00 off the early bird rate until August 15 with the discount code: SOUTHFL
As you know, I am committed to doing my part to attract and retain the best talent in South Florida by building community. One way I do this is by partnering with companies to offer a free spot in my open enrollment classes for any South Floridian in transition (currently out of work) or an interested full-time student. For every 2 people a company sends to one of my qualifying training classes or workshops, it unlocks a free spot that will lift someone up and better position them for a new opportunity!
Congratulations to i2Labs and Proper John Music for the internship video featured on NBC6 News. In addition to working with the interns, i2Labs Richard Chance also provided space for an Entrepreneur start-up.
Just back from Naf Next, three of our NAF STEM programs received their banners at NAF Next and were announced as newly Distinguished Programs, they are:
- AOIT, G. Holmes Braddock Senior High
- AOIT, Miami Lakes Educational Center
- AOHS, Hialeah Gardens Senior High
Ana Medina, who graduated from Miami’s “G Holmes Braddock Senior High School” in 2012, was one of the three NAF Alumni Honoree Speakers at the Celebration Dinner at NAF Next.
An intern at the South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union, Ms. Medina is currently a software engineer for Uber.