AWS Cloud Engineer with Security Expertise for Remote Contract / Contract to Perm
We are currently seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer with DevOps / DevSecOps experience. The right candidate has experience in design, automation, scripting, along with a passion for providing solutions and taking on new challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create security controls for AWS-based programs and applications
- Perform threat simulations to detect possible risks
- Provide AWS security recommendations
- Work with AWS tools and services to build next generation automated CI/CD tools and pipelines for security
- Automate AWS implementations for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures
Required skills: ·
- Experience working with AWS native services including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, IAM, CloudFormation
- Experience with AWS DevSecOps
- Experience, knowledge, and exposure to Security principals and best practices
- Experience with network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging, log analysis
- Experience working with programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Powershell, Java
- Experience with Identity Access Management tools Okta or Auth0
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses for successful placements.
Contractor Role: Remote, physically based in United States
Azure Cloud Engineer remote contract opportunity.
- Microsoft Windows Servers 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy PowerShell
- Cloud based and local backup & recovery software, Veeam is a plus
- Expert level experience with Cloud products including Microsoft Azure, Office 365 Suite, SharePoint, Teams / Skype for Business
- Experience with systems monitoring tools, Microsoft SCOM and SCCM preferred
- Networking skills including DHCP, DNS, network routing & switching protocols
- Extensive experience w/ SSO and Federation practices; ADFS, SMAL 2.0, other API based technologies preferred
- Experience with MultiFactor & Conditional Access Policies; Microsoft MFA/CA preferred
- Proficiency scripting; PowerShell predominantly
Employers are hiring for specific technical and interpersonal skills. Upload your resume here to be considered for any opportunities as they arise. It's also most valuable to apply on the website to specific Job Orders.
Full-Stack Developer Job Posting
ADA Site Compliance is seeking an energetic, dedicated, and responsible full-stack software engineer to help us build software to help individuals with disabilities navigate the internet. As an integral part of the product engineering team, you will be responsible for building applications from the ground up and developing features that change how people access the web.
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Web fundamentals like HTML5 and CSS
React or Angular (Pref. React)
Experience in Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
Experience in designing and developing UI for various devices (desktop, table, mobile, etc.)
Experience in database technologies with MySQL and SQL Server, stored procedures, views, user defined functions and types
Experience with source control systems like git
Strong UI/UX skills focusing on elegance of user interaction with "Pixel Perfect" attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Strong attention to detail
WCAG Accessibility Knowledge a very big plus
Experience working in Scrum and other agile development methodologies
Experience with GO
Experience in AWS Deployment / Serverless Computing
Experience in developing and maintaining custom and requirements-driven WordPress themes and plugins from scratch. Has familiarity of core WordPress classes and functions. Does not depend on third-party themes/child themes and plugins to develop WordPress websites. Experience with WordPress multisite is an extra plus.
Basic understanding in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence programming is a plus.
Contributes to all phases of the development cycle, including project estimation
Able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
Able to work independently and in small teams
Communicates and reports on the status and requirements with other teams (in-house and remote)
Mentors, educates, and motivates junior team members
Adheres and contributes to standards, automations, and best practices
Manages tradeoffs between development speed and quality
Possesses strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
Proficient in writing and speaking English
Ensures all deliverables meet all requirements and are developed with established quality standards
Able to multitask between multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
Ensures project deadlines are met; communicates when obstacles prevent delivery on time
Has a data-driven approach to testing and implementing improvements
You must be a motivated and results orientated developer with an excellent foundation of coding experience. If you are keen to make an impact within an organization, then this is the role for you. To apply to this position, please email your resume to: Scott Rubenstein, CTO, [email protected]
Our South Florida based client is hiring a Vice President of Information Technology to replace their retiring VP of IT of the past 10 years.
Compensation: based on experience, base plus great benefits and bonus.
The VP of IT will lead technology at this well-established, rapidly growing electronics and hardware product development company. Industries served include Medical, Telecommunications, Defense, and Aerospace.
In this mission-critical role, you will report to both the President and CFO, and lead the core IT department, as well as provide direction to multiple subsidiary IT departments.
In this role, you will interact with:
- 10 Top Executives
- 50+ General Managers
- Mergers & Acquisitions Team
The VP IT role provides direction and assistance to almost 100 IT professionals:
- 6 direct reports
- 30 indirect reports
- 50 people at subsidiaries
Time allocation of a typical week:
- 30% of time working with IT Security & Compliance Team
- 20% of time with Infrastructure Planning & Outages
- 20% Running 80 projects at any one time
- 10% of time 30 Budgets per year, approving invoices
- 10% with regular compliance & auditors
- 10% of time working with Mergers & Acquisition, Merger Assessments, Infrastructure Assessments, Post Acquisition implementations
- 10% catching your breath, resting & relaxation (oops, that makes 110%, scratch this last one)
Weekends: Couple of calls & emails over the weekend to validate that something that happened in production is being addressed.
From a technical architectural perspective, you must be able to sit down with a team of infrastructure engineers, support center engineers, security engineers and business analysts to describe a project, listen to solutions, hear them out, push back where needed, and architect a solution to assure security and scalability.
Management of the Engineering & Support team is core priority. There is a great team of technical expertise in house, the systems are running well, overall.
ITIL expertise is paramount, how to manage changes in production, how changes are approved, recorded, thought through, and successfully implemented.
Technical depth needed:
- Active Directory
- Many backup technologies
- ERP Systems SiteLine, Simex, Dynamics, Quantum, Pentagon, and multiple custom built. Many subsidiaries have their own custom build ERPs built in various old systems such as Pick, Access & FoxPro. Those systems may have to be migrated and/or integrated (moving at their speed of business people – support the business, go with the business decisions to make it work).
- 4 Year Technology Degree minimum
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Management coursework a plus
- Technical Certifications are a plus
- A minimum of 10 years as a CIO, VP of IT or IT Director in a heavily regulated global company.
- A minimum of 5-10 years as a IT Systems and/or Software Engineer.
- A deep experience level in providing IT services to the manufacturing, electronics and/or aerospace industries.
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses for successful placements.