Last April, Emphasys Software hosted its first “Makin Bacon Hackathon.”
An event where developers, designers, and programmers collaborated and built things they wanted to see in the world. We are now very excited to continue our support for the growing technology scene and announce the “Makin Bacon Hackathon II.“
Like our last event, teams will be building mobile or web apps and competing for prizes and swag. Sharing skills and networking with fellow Miami techies is also highly encouraged. (and of course, eat MORE bacon!)
Participants will pitch ideas, form teams (up to four) or work alone, and build projects based on the listed APIs (see below for full list) to turn their ideas into reality in a limited amount of time.
API & Tools List
- Google Maps
- Or bring your own!
We want to see what you can make in a day, imperfections and all.
Bring your own API in case the one you love isn’t listed here.
So we provide the bacon, you create the magic. Let’s get Hackin!
Twilio API Demo with Keith Casey, Jr.
Developer Evangelist. (via Skype)
1st Place Team
- 1 year of GitHub Medium Plan
- 1 year of Almuni Membership to Right Space 2 Meet
- Valve Prize Pack (Track Jacket and Portal 2 Hardcover Book)
2nd Place Team
- 1 year of GitHub Small Plan
- 6 months of Almuni Membership to Right Space 2 Meet
- Valve Prize Pack (Counter Strike Tshirts and Aperture Hats)
- 1 year of GitHub Micro Plan
- 3 months of Almuni Membership to Right Space 2 Meet
- Valve Prize Pack (Aperture Mug and Counter Strike TShirts)
…along with more of our sponsor’s give-away prizes! Including Lanyards, T-shirts, and more.
Our judges will review the partially or fully completed projects and award prizes. Teams should be able to show enough to demonstrate their vision, and how they intend to implement it technologically.
8:00 am: Brief Intros & API Overview
8:30 am: Hacking Begins
9:30 am: Brunch
1:00 pm: Snacks
5:00 pm: Dinner
7:15 pm: Hacking Ends/Judging Begins
7:45 pm – 8:00 pm: Awards