Voice interfaces like Alexa and Siri have been adopted faster than almost any other technology in history — even surpassing the smartphone in their four-year trajectory. Approximately one-quarter to one-third of the U.S. population already owns a smart speaker like the Echo or Google Home; the global number of installed smart speakers is going to more than double to 225 million units in two years. But to be revolutionary, they will need to find a greater calling — a new, breakout application.
Are you a UI/UX professional? Do you want to lead the next great interface charge? I’d love to help! Email [email protected] and let’s ‘talk’ about your career.
Read the complete recode article here
Apply to this job
SherlockTalent is actively looking for an EDI and Database Developer is responsible for managing and maintaining EDI documents, processes, and specifications for all X12 Documents being exchanged with Trading Partners.
- Design, develop and maintain EDI systems, including data mapping, translation, and interfaces
- Coordinating relations with, and serving as a liaison, to internal users, trading partners, vendors and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards
- Performing system testing and quality control checks
- Manage all EDI-based transactions including system configuration
- Developing and maintaining EDI documentation, including mapping rules and data specifications.
- Work with PMO Manager to prepare and manage project backlog, active project plans, project issues, and risks and issue remediation
- Assist business analysts in troubleshooting technical issues with standard or custom EDI programs and reports.
- Translate Business Requirements into Technical EDI Specifications.
- Maintain EDI account transaction activity along with Trading Partner
- Write complex SQL Queries to support business needs, while working with the Manager to maintain databases
- Database Administrator tasks in setting up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, applying patches and fixes, creating backup reports, status reports, and performance monitoring.
- Create and support packages to solve business problems
- Work closely with Manager to design, develop and maintain Database systems across applications.
- Monitor databases on a daily basis to ensure optimal uptime and performance
- Create scripts to automatically monitor database processes and their dependencies
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and other business-driven objects
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and or 4-6 years equivalent work experience:
- Experience with developing and implementing X12 EDI documents (including but not limited to 810,820,832,846,850,855,856,844,867).
- 4+ years’ experience using ANSI ASC X12 standards, EDIFACT standards, Gentran Server or Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) — now known as Sterling Integrator (SI) software.
- Data and process flow modeling and documentation experience
- Database queries (SQL)
- Experience with SFTP, FTP, AS2, and VAN
- Knowledge of data extraction from databases and other systems.
- 2 years’ experience developing and writing SQL code
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus
- Excellent, proven organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
This is an invitation-only event, Visit the CIO event page to apply for tickets
Creating a competitive advantage with blockchain: Spotlight on the aviation industry.
Is your company leading your industry’s Blockchain platform? Or will your company be forced to conform to a competitor, vendor or client’s platform? Learn to shape your future with this transformative technology evolution.
Jennifer Torlone, Vice President at Willis Lease Finance Corporation
5:30 to 6:00 Check-in
6:00 to 7:00 Networking and Light Dinner
7:00 to 8:00 Introductions, Presentation, Q&A
Why you should attend:
- Network with your peers
- Catered dinner service
- Gain that spark of knowledge that influences change
Joe will show you the many opportunities AWS offers for data deployment and analytics from a Microsoft Database Professional perspective. He will take you on a tour of AWS features for database deployment investigating SQL Server on EC2 and RDS, Hybrid solutions, WSFC, Aurora with AWS Database Migration Service, DynamoDB and ElastiCache integration. Joe holds professional designations as a DBA and Data Scientist, he is a certified professional in both Microsoft and AWS technologies. https://www.homnick.com.
Joint Meeting with South Florida SQL Server UG https://www.meetup.com/SFSSUG/
Give Miami Day 2018 is almost here!
During this 24-hour event only, the Miami Foundation will contribute an extra bonus amount for every donation of $25 to $10,000.
Your donation of $25 will sponsor one student to attend the 2018 Miami NAF Mega Student Industry Conference, $100 donation will sponsor 4 students, $250 donation will pay for transportation of 40 students!
You can make an impact on our community by donating to support students from 59 NAF Academies at 30 Miami-Dade high schools.
Donations will be accepted from 12 a.m. on November 15, 2018, to 12 a.m. on November 15, 2018.
Visit givemiamiday.org for more information.