Visit the Gallery
Last Thursday saw the SFBJ Fastest Growing Tech company and CIO awards event. The remarkable thing about this event is the insight it provides into our local tech community. The top 20 fastest growing companies added well over $100 Million in revenue to their bottom lines for the previous 12 months. This bodes well for local hiring and job growth.
Watch this space for some terrific upcoming job opportunities.
Also of note was the award for Best CIO of a company over $50M – it went to past-president and current board member of the CIO Council of South Florida, Mr. Charles Grau, CIO UDT.
Apply to this job
This is a full time, on-site position in our Fort Lauderdale, FL office and pays in the 110K salary range, plus 15% bonus. Up to 20% travel may be required.
The Java Developer will work with the business, technical teams, Architects and Engineers to design and implement scalable solutions for Supply Chain Systems. This position works with the operations team to deploy code to production and support after deployment.
This position reports directly to the VP of Supply Chain and Corporate Systems. This position works with Managers, Engineers, Architects and interacts with other cross-functional teams to implement and deliver projects and tools to meet business and end-user needs.
- Design and build scalable solutions for Supply Chain Systems
- Design and implement Inventory, Shipping and delivery solutions
- Design and implement Micro services platform and work with QA team to automate it’s testing
- Guide, coach and collaborate with Software Developers as needed
- Work with and influence other teams through project completion
- Work with the Infrastructure team to estimate the hardware required and deploy the solutions to production
- Identify issues in logs and resolve them quickly to minimize the business impact
- Write, build and deploy scripts and perform code reviews
- Create Stored Procs, tables, views, and queries to optimize performance
- Create JUNIT test cases for code developed
- Able to create Dashboards using Graphite
- Able to work with Business to do feasibility study of new ideas and provide quick estimates
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years’ experience in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at an e-commerce company
- Able to develop solutions using Java, J2EE, Webservices, and JBOSS
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading a high performing organization
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in Supply Chain Engineering.
- Must be familiar with Hadoop, Casandra
- Must have knowledge of Splunk and Dynatrace
- Possess outstanding communication, influencing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success working within cross-functional teams
- Have effective project management skills
- Open source technologies, public/private cloud technologies
- Knowledge of CICD is a plus
- Familiarity with Jenkins is plus
- Knowledge of eCommerce Platform is a plus
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
***No 3rd party vendors Please***
This is an invitation-only event, Visit the CIO event page to apply for tickets
Creating a competitive advantage with blockchain: Spotlight on the aviation industry.
Is your company leading your industry’s Blockchain platform? Or will your company be forced to conform to a competitor, vendor or client’s platform? Learn to shape your future with this transformative technology evolution.
Jennifer Torlone, Vice President at Willis Lease Finance Corporation
5:30 to 6:00 Check-in
6:00 to 7:00 Networking and Light Dinner
7:00 to 8:00 Introductions, Presentation, Q&A
Why you should attend:
- Network with your peers
- Catered dinner service
- Gain that spark of knowledge that influences change
What is Code Camp?
South Florida Code Camp is a FREE one-day GEEK FEST held on Saturday, March 2, 2019, at Nova University. This is the 14th year for South Florida Code Camp. The event will have speakers from the local community and beyond.
Code Camp is community driven by a group of dedicated volunteers and speakers. Breakfast and lunch are included!
Speaker sign-up is open as are sponsorships and registration. More information: http://sfcodecamp.com/.
Visit ISACA website
The SheLeadsTech Conference will for the second time feature key women players, leaders, and achievers in information technology and security fields to come and share their experiences on how to navigate the rough and rugged road that leads to the top.
Be a part of this enriching conference!
The SheLeadsTech programs is an ISACA International initiative that seeks to address the significant under-representation of women in business technology leadership roles and the tech workforce. The program aims to engage women in technology and our allies to support and advocate for change, empower women as leaders, role models and mentors in their fields, and elevate the role of women in technology.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dina Kampouraki, Security Officer for IT Policy Unit European Data Protection Supervisor
Dina was born in the island of Crete in Greece. She graduated from Athens University in Economics and Business of Greece in 1996 with a diploma in Computer Science and in 1998 completed her Master’s degree in Information Systems with specialization in security. In 1998 she joined a mobile telecommunications company, PanaVox SA and worked on automated system processing and workflow analysis until she joined in 1999 the Hellenic Data Protection Authority as a Data Protection Auditor. Specialized in several areas in data protection, she participated in many national inspections in public and private sector. In 2000, she became an active member of the Joint Supervisory Body (JSB) and Appeals Committee of Europol, of the Joint Supervisory Authority of Schengen and of Joint Supervisory Authority of Customs Information System. Since 1999 she participated in many international inspections in the European Union. From 2006 to 2008 she worked for the Secretariat of Data Protection at the Council of the European Union as a data protection and IT security expert. Since April 2017, she works for the European Data Protection Supervisor
(EDPS) as a technology and Security Officer in the IT Policy Unit which aims at providing technology expertise for the EDPS supervisory and advisory functions.