Today is election day across the US. It’s also THE LAST day for ITPalooza session selection. We have nearly 70 speakers eager to present enriching, topical content to you the ITPalooza constituent. Please visit the ITPalooza ballot page and VOTE WITH A CLICK for the sessions you would like to see on the schedule.
I’d like to extend a big thank you to Don Silver and his team at Boardroom Communications for preparing and distributing the latest ITPalooza press release “Today, Analytics Is King” The press release has been syndicated to many publications already, so do a google search and see if you can hunt down any more.
THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is part of the Applications group within the Courts Information Technology Services (CITeS) Division that provides key technology support/solutions to the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. This is a key role working directly with end users in the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC), the members of the development team, as well as management under the direction of the Applications Development Manager to help lead the development of internal and external-facing websites.
Download PDF Job description: 4410-SharePoint-Developer-10-06-2014
WORKING JOB TITLE:
- SharePoint Developer/Web Designer
- Court Information Technology Services
- $90,250.08 annually + benefits (state funded)
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Trial Court Technology Officer
OCCUPATION CODE: 4410
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is part of the Applications group within the Courts Information Technology Services (CITeS) Division that provides key technology support/solutions to the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. This is a key role working directly with end users in the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC), the members of the development team, as well as management under the direction of the Applications Development Manager to help lead the development of internal and external-facing websites. The role also requires the ability to create visually appealing web and user interfaces. The incumbent will participate in circuit wide, cross-line teams to define business processes, compile requirements, draw up technical designs, and implement efficient solutions. This position will employ appropriate quality software engineering practice and deploy into a state wide production environment. Balancing multiple projects and strong ability to work in a team environment are key aspects of this position.
• Work with client and project management teams to clearly articulate project requirements and objectives, identify and analyze preliminary business needs, time estimates, and define the project scope and objectives.
• Develop, design, and architect web applications in both standalone and team environments.
• Communicate information architecture, project design (both user interface and technical) with client.
• Enforce and follow development standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Keep abreast of new technologies.
• Manage multiple projects, both large and small, at once.
• Perform related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business management or administration, information technology, computer science, management information systems, or a closely related field; or other coursework showing extensive emphasis on programming; Master’s Degree preferred with seven years of application development using object-oriented languages and at least four years of developmental experience with each of the following:
• Extensive, hands-on experience of web application and/or consumer Internet environment.
• NET technologies using C# and/or VB.NET programming languages.
• Visual Studio development environment.
• SharePoint 2010 (knowledge of 2013 as well) development, including administration, web parts, site customization, SharePoint Search configuration and SharePoint Designer
• Database Administration of RDBMS (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) using Structure Query Language (SQL).
• Supporting web-based applications using Microsoft IIS.
• Microsoft certification preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
• Knowledge of custom application/component development where appropriate to support enterprise projects and ability to leverage use of Out of the Box (OOTB) SharePoint features and functionality.
• Knowledge/understanding of SharePoint Web Content Management capabilities including publishing features, content deployment, content approval and scheduling and web page authoring.
• Ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain custom components such as master pages, web parts, workflows, user controls and InfoPath forms for intranet sites and public portals using SharePoint Server platform.
• Knowledge with XML concepts related to datasets, serialization and XML schemas.
• Solid knowledge in data driven, web application development, using Microsoft technologies.
• Solid knowledge in Microsoft .NET Framework.
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and UML methodologies for creation and maintenance of software classes suited for code reuse by development team and/or new development.
• Knowledge of application development processes including design, prototyping, testing and deployment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft IIS and .NET web application servers.
• Ability to fully utilize the Internet technologies available such as .Net, Client-Server, N-Tier, and Model View Controller architectures.
• Ability to use Rapid Application Development tools and component technologies to build client-side and server-side Web applications.
• Ability to effectively organize project tasks and develop a successful product.
• Ability to contribute technically in a broad range of areas including programming, design and architecture.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong communication skills to communicate with customers, vendors, support personnel, application development staff and management.
Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, listening, balancing, stooping, and reaching with hands and arms; must be able to transfer up to 10 pounds.
Our client is looking for a uniquely qualified leader who will come to work everyday energetically focused on transforming their operational effectiveness while inspiring and developing a team dedicated to ensuring a high-quality experience for our clients via six-sigma-quality operational excellence. They seek a proven team player that not only shares our passion for successfully solving our clients’ most demanding problems, but also has the EQ to be able to foster and support the cross-functional cooperation and coordination necessary to create and institutionalize responsive enterprise learning disciplines, policies and standard operating procedures.
South Florida’s Largest Tech Conference Letting Attendees Vote to Select the Critical Knowledge They Need to Keep Their Skills Marketable
If you think the rancor between Charlie Crist and Governor Rick Scott has reached new heights, you will be interested in the competition between local techies for a speaking session at the upcoming ITPalooza 2014 conference. The binary code is flying — tweet out the vote!
With more than 2,000 expected, 60 speakers, 65 sponsors and 50 user groups from across South Florida, the 3rd Annual ITPalooza is set to deliver its annual South Florida technology conference on Dec. 4 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Nova Southeastern University’s (NSU) Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences located at 3301 College Ave in Davie.
“This year’s event will offer a first of its kind opportunity to let the IT community decide which critical technical topics will be delivered,” said Alex Funkhouser, ITPalooza event founder and CEO of SherlockTech Staffing. “Technology evolves so rapidly that it’s really hard for professionals to keep their tech skills current and marketable. The IT community is choosing what’s the most interesting to learn and what’s crucial to their professional development.”
Thirty-six speaking slots will be chosen from the voting. Those interested in leading a session or voting for their favorites can visit the “Voting for Sessions” area of the ITPalooza website at http://itpalooza.org.
Reflecting its commitment to the South Florida IT community, ITPalooza will once again be hosted by NSU’s Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences (GSCIS). Under the leadership of Dean Eric S. Ackerman, Ph.D., the GSCIS partnership with ITPalooza promises to offer attendees the very best of South Florida technology.
In addition to the continuing education technical sessions, hiring fair, and vendor exhibits, a dedicated management track focused on the unique needs of CIOs and other top-level IT Executives will be featured. More than 50 CIOs are scheduled to participate in the CIO Council luncheon and roundtable sessions www.iCoastCIOCouncil.com. The event culminates in a holiday party that features a band comprised of local technologists.
Above all, ITPalooza is dedicated to raising money for various South Florida non-profits including Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ STEM Advisory Board, The Stockdale Foundation, Marine’s Toys for Tots and more. Over the last two years, ITPalooza has raised in excess of $75,000 in donations and cash.
Those interested in attending ITPalooza are encouraged to visit the event’s website where more information can be found regarding sponsorship and speaker opportunities — http://itpalooza.org
About ITPalooza: Led by an organizing team of dedicated local IT Professionals, www.ITPalooza.org is an annual event that brings together the South Florida IT Community for a day of learning, sharing, networking, and fun. ITPalooza is facilitated by ITProCamp, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that organizes technical training events across the country. www.ITProCamp.org welcomes Tech Groups to join forces and help each other learn new technologies, develop speakers, and grow memberships.
DNNCon is an informal, community-organized event that is put together by DNN users just like you. Everyone from developers to users participate, share ideas, and get to know each other at this annual event. DNNCon offers training sessions for anyone looking to learn how to use DNN more effectively, as well as sessions on advanced technique, security, administration, marketing tips, skinning, and so much more.
Read the latest DNNCON Newsletter