Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Business Analyst (IT Architect)
Maryland / Virginia, FloridaApply Now
Job Title: Business Analyst (IT Architect)
Location: 2 days onsite per week – Maryland / Virginia
Job Type: Full-time Perm
Job ID: 7273
The “IT Architect” (Solution Architect/Senior Business Analyst) position focuses on efficiently realizing business strategy through aligning people, processes, and technology. The business architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities and creating deliverables that create clarity on the desired organizational strategic outcomes, and connecting those desired outcomes to technology initiatives underway or in the planning stage. The scope will include business models, people, processes, organizational change, and investments in response to disruptive forces and company strategic initiatives.
As part of the Enterprise Architecture and Standards team, you will enable the digital transformation journey of our organization with the application of business process improvement methodologies and tools. This individual will work with many departments to understand their complex business processes and strategies and shape requirements into efficient technical solutions in conjunction with the rest of the Enterprise Architecture and Standards team.
30% – Provides strategic consultation to business and IT Leaders. Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy. Lead activities and create deliverables that clarify how technology initiatives connect to strategic outcomes. Research emerging technology, industry, and market trends and make recommendations on how to incorporate them into strategic plans and roadmaps. Participate in creating business cases to turn proposed solutions into approved and funded projects.
30% – Perform analysis and design, documenting artifacts, advocating for process improvements, and providing technical leadership. Provides guidance and definition of the enterprise architecture to support the corporate business strategy effectively. Leads programs to develop, maintain, and govern the business architecture across the organization. Contributes to developing architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures. Collaborate with project management and IT leaders to ensure progress towards strategic goals and objectives as well as project goals and requirements.
20% – In partnership with business leaders, drive strategic business process initiatives that optimize value. Apply knowledge of business process modeling and re-engineering techniques and methodologies in support of this activity. Lead the development of detailed level process maps to facilitate process improvements, gathering requirements, gap analysis, solution development, and change management.
10% – Ensures that appropriate parties are informed of business and technology requirements and that application standards and specifications are defined and met. Practice stakeholder management to ensure that various stakeholders’ needs are met. Promotes the EA process, outcomes, and results to the organization and senior leadership.
10% – Promotes the company’s core IT principles by working with application development teams, key vendors, and IT and Business Leadership. Improves existing approaches by seeking opportunities to modify current company practices.
- Five years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and program management
- Management experience in one or more of the following areas: strategic planning, leadership, business relationship management and business process management
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and being able to practically them to new business designs and business models
- Knowledge in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, functions, and organizational structures
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management
- Consulting experience a plus.
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse business systems, technologies, and processing environments. Experience with ERP, Sales, Service, eCommerce, Marketing, and Warehousing systems a plus.
- Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Nice to have:
- POWER PLATFORM
- S4 A PLUS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical subject matter in a non-technical and effective manner. Conversely, requires the ability to work closely with business area subject matter experts.
- The ability to grasp business challenges and create IT solutions for those challenges
- Ability to lead through influence to accomplish company goals with employees not directly under management. Excellent planning, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
We love to share $1,000 referral success bonuses!