Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaApply Now
Role: Telecom Engineer / Avaya
Location: On-Site to begin within / Ft. Lauderdale
Compensation: Highly Competitive
Job Type: Full Time/Perm
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
SherlockTalent is hiring a Telecom Engineer that reports to the Manager of Telecommunications acts as a resource for the telecom infrastructure and operations support for the telecom platform. They will comfortably interact with all levels of technical and business organizational hierarchy and manage external vendors to facilitate the delivery of a consistent, reliable telecom platform.
- This is a hands-on position with support responsibilities that participates in the overall strategic direction for our telecommunications department. This includes partnering with our business units to understand requirements, present recommendations and implement appropriate solutions.
- Participates in the design, implements and supports Avaya enterprise PBXs, contact center telephony infrastructure, CTI and call recording applications which supports multiple call centers across our enterprise
- Supports the planning, design, implementation and management of projects such as system upgrades, system conversions and new products and services
- Consults with our business partners to act as a resource, to assist in defining scope, budget and schedule estimates for telecommunications projects. Support business objectives and align with company goals
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot Avaya vector programming for touch middle environments.
- Support our project management resources to develop VoIP infrastructure and associated software requirements for RFPs
- Assists with the planning, design and implementation of tools, utilities, monitoring and documentation of the telecommunication infrastructure.
- Provides tier 1 support to other team members; facilitates workflow between network, security and other groups within IT.
- Creates and maintains system documentation including system requirements, design, implementation plans, project financials and infrastructure standards. Partner on the creation and operationalize processes for daily support, management, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, backups for the infrastructure.
- Create and maintain all VoIP infrastructure and network design artifacts.
- Monitor, distinguish and make proposals on redressing any framework capacities and any execution issues with the telecon framework. Take remedial activities to guarantee a solid and steady stage over our undertaking.
- Collaborate with all IT management, staff and external vendors to for voice infrastructure installations or software upgrades.
- Collaborate with Service Desk staff and end-users to resolve high priority trouble tickets and support junior engineers to quickly identify and resolve work orders.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to assist in analyzing our infrastructure and invoices to identify and make recommendations on decreasing cost while maintaining or improving the quality of service.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate on disaster recovery planning and testing to identify gaps, corrective action and risk options
- Coordinate and perform telecom audits as needed
- Is available 24 x 7 to provide support as needed
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company
- Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required
Type of experience:
- Knowledge of administering multiple call Center environments
- Basic understanding data networking
- Knowledge of Avaya CM platforms, VoIP servers, ACD call routing, network regions, trunk group configuration, signaling protocols, ability to implement and troubleshoot dial plans, ARS and AAR plans
- Understanding of call recording systems, quality monitoring
- Knowledge of computer security as it relates to defense of VoIP networks
- Basic system administration for Windows and Linux systems to support the telephony environment
- Ability to research new technologies and stay abreast of latest industry trends
- Effective written and oral communications across all levels of business and IT hierarchy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in managing Avaya VoIP Communication Manger, CMS Voice Mail, Verint/Witness, Call Copy, and/or Presence systems
- Working knowledge of PSTN circuit architecture and networking
- Abilities to perform MDF to IDF wiring punch downs utilizing 110 and 66 block infrastructure
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, practices and protocols
We love to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time