Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Application Security Engineer (Remote)
Boca Raton, FloridaApply Now
Job ID: 3549
Job Title: Application Security Engineer
Location: 100% REMOTE
Job Type: Perm Full-Time
Salary: Highly Competitive
Security Engineer Job Description:
Our client is looking for a remote Security Engineer who will play a key role as part of the Infosec team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in the following areas:
•Strong foundational and working knowledge of security best practices and their integration into workflows
•Designing and Implementing modern a security reference architecture
•Working with Dev/Engineering resource to build foundationally secure applications
• Develop and maintain internal application security tooling.
• Automate security testing and vulnerability management procedures where reasonable.
• Assist Integration of security into the build/deployment process.
• Promote a proactive approach to addressing the changing threat landscape by recommending and implementing architectural improvements to security infrastructure.
• Provide expert guidance and recommendations for strategic and tactical security architecture topics through risk advisory services.
• Perform vulnerability research, assessment, and management, serve as a technical security/risk advisor on all new technologies used/developed such as AWS, session management, SSO, Database, WAF, Opensource libraries.
• Support the engineering team by suggesting remediation strategies for reported vulnerabilities.
• Assist developers in remediating vulnerabilities by providing line-by-line guidance.
• Provide training and education to developers on software security best practices in various cloud-based systems.
•Utilize dynamic application vulnerability scanning
• Utilize static application vulnerability scanning ls
• Bachelors’ Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Experience with full-stack web development.
• Working knowledge of SQL.
•Complete, deliver and maintain compliance documentation for internal and external users.
• Experience developing and working with Web APIs.
• Experience interpreting results from Static Code Scanning tools.
• Strong knowledge of Security Token Services, Federated Identity Providers, SAML 2.0, OKTA, and other SSO technologies.
• Experience with creating and maintaining Threat Models at scale.
• Experience with securing database platforms.
• Experience in remediating security vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top 10.
• Experience in performing security assessments on cloud-based multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
• Experience in assessing the security of native and hybrid mobile applications beyond the use of automated tools.
• Functional knowledge of AWS application infrastructure
• Experience developing in PHP/Larvel Framework
• Experience with RDS
• Experience in at least one scripting language (Python/Ruby/Perl/)
• Experience working with SaaS applications preferably in the EdTech or AI/ML Space
- An amazing team of friendly and inclusive people who pull together and openly help each other
- Passionate team members who have fun, work productively and take pride in everything we do
- We’re curious to explore new ideas, find innovative solutions and we’re not afraid to learn as we grow
- We work remotely
- We recharge with unlimited PTO
- Our focus is on team member health and well-being – we have a Health Day once a month
- We offer a comprehensive healthcare program
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."