Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Type: Perm / Onsite
SherlockTalent is seeking a Data Architect to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Data Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. These models shall be architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, business area, and application. This individual will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
The Data Architect will also strategically design and implement reporting/dashboard/BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out reporting/BI solutions to end users. The Data Architect needs to ensure high levels of reporting/BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. This role will be in charge of all responsibilities associated with the company’s four reporting/BI functional areas: Data Acquisition, Information Asset Management, Sales Analytics and Operational Analytics.
The Data Architect needs to deliver information and analytical solutions to the company’s key stakeholders through the design and oversight of Operational Data Stores (ODS), automated Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes, an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) system and department-specific Datamarts. The role also entails the development of reporting-related service offerings to expand the company’s product mix and to help provide more value to external partners and customers. The Data Architect will also assist in gathering and defining the needs of key stakeholders as they relate to information reporting, analysis and distribution. Through the strategic use of information, this position will help create competitive advantages for the company and its internal/external clients. This role reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Create solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness and redundancy.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements and feasibility studies.
- Work with IT Infrastructure to create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure data collaboration for the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g. ERP, CRM).
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to select products or services that best meet company goals.
- Assess and determine governance and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics to ensure data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
- Document the data architecture/environment in order to maintain a current/accurate view of data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education & Certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering is required. Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related field a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area during which both technical and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
Knowledge & Experience
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Previous demonstrated ETL/EDW implementation experience is a strong requirement for this role.
- Hands-on experience on the following products is a requirement for this role:
- Microsoft PowerBI
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with other business intelligence tools designing, reporting and delivering analytical solutions.
- Hands-on Tableau experience will be considered a strong plus.
- Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with Microsoft database technologies (SQL Server 2012/2016/2019), database design, ERWIN, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, cubes and OLAP/OLTP systems.
- Candidates will be tested on T-SQL programming skills.
- Experience with database design applications, entity relationship diagrams (ERD) and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Demonstrated strong skills in research, analysis, data management and data quality.
- Experience with and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes. Experience with statistical methods and regression analysis is a plus.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data/information system life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Understanding of Web services (JSON, SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL).
- Object oriented programming experience (.NET / C# preferred) is a plus.
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary, both local and out-of-state (less than 10%).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
A competitive salary structure including benefit package with medical, dental, life, and long-term disability (LTD) insurance along with 401K Savings Plan.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.