Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
IT Implementation Specialist
Glendale, ArizonaApply Now
Job Title: IT Implementation Specialist – Aviation
Location: On-site in Glendale, Arizona.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Salary: Depending on Experience
Job #: 7279
This role will start with the evaluation of Aviation SAAS product providers to implement new systems. After the evaluation and selection, the role will continue into project implementation, initiation, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling as well as project closure; this includes the development & testing of processes and procedures, documentation, training of both support staff and users, and updating and maintaining the system where applicable until it is transitioned to support.
The Implementation Specialist will provide technical expertise, problem resolution, and project management for business-critical issues, system enhancements, and hardware and application upgrades to facilitate business needs and requirements.
The Implementation Specialist will apply his/her understanding of computer software and hardware to diagnose problems, determine the appropriate course of action to ensure successful project completion, and escalate as needed. This position requires project management experience, excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to work with diplomacy, and a positive attitude.
- Support a robust Microsoft-based network.
- Interface with IT customers to understand business requirements and customer needs and assist in developing business cases and justifications.
- Provide technical leadership, education, guidance, and consulting to IT customers and team members on technology solutions, services, and standards as part of the transition from Implementation to Support.
- Lead departmental/facilities moves, migrations, and/or new/upgraded systems and hardware.
- Assist team members as needed.
- Perform knowledge transfers for each project among team members by preparing documentation for processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Research technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Lead technical projects supporting technological decisions and implementations.
- Develop processes, procedures, and technical solutions to support all project phases.
- Analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives for the company.
- Participate in functional design reviews across the company.
- Prepare business requirements, system assessments, project and process assessments, and implementation documentation for technical projects.
- Establish and manage effective vendor relationships.
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support regarding current projects as needed.
- Prepare computer systems for deployment, including interviewing clients to identify special considerations and other project settings.
- Manage incoming and outgoing asset inventory of hardware, software, and peripherals for projects.
- Install computer hardware, software, systems, and peripherals as required for projects.
- Maintain password security, data integrity, and file system security for projects.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required, including on-call rotation.
- Transport equipment using a personal vehicle between multiple facilities within an assigned service area, as directed by the manager.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the manager.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop software such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Advanced problem solver who can sort through complex issues and conduct a comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are vital; the individual should be as comfortable with people as with systems and technology.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team and independently. Collaboration skills are vital.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with the ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer or business impact.
- High level of accountability and can instill a sense of credibility when speaking with customers.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – prioritizes and performs various concurrent tasks with efficiency and minimal direction.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to process or required activities change.
- Professional appearance and behavior required including, but not limited to, punctuality, positive attitude, and reliability.
- Lead and direct the work of team members or vendors per project.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with PC hardware and software support, including troubleshooting, repair, and deployment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT implementation or project management roles.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in direct client interaction and customer service.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM certification) or equivalent certifications.
- Sit for long periods at a computer terminal and in meetings.
- May occasionally lift at least 35 lbs.
- May occasionally work in confined spaces.
- May occasionally work in loud and noisy spaces.
- May require occasional travel to nearby facilities (60/70 miles of distance).
Not for you? We love to share a $1,000 referral bonus!