Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Azure API Developer
Remote, FloridaApply Now
Job Title: Azure API Developer
Location: 100% remote – Based in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Contract long-term
Salary: $150K to $200K+ depending on experience
This position follows a remote work model. This position will specifically focus on Azure API development and Web APIs, including security development.
The Senior Azure API Engineer is primarily responsible for gathering information to create/modify/maintain functional requirements for business software solutions and serve as a liaison between the business communities and the technology team. Identify business rules and improvement opportunities. Ability to build software solutions optimized for operations using best practices in engineering.
- Interact with database administrators, developers, business analysts, system administrators and end users to interpret business requirements.
- Develops software code changes to address documented deficiencies in the operations of the product(s).
- Unit Test code changes, and adhere to established coding standards.
- Works cooperatively with business analysts and quality assurance personnel as needed to ensure proper and sufficient testing before deployment of any code changes designed to address reported trouble(s).
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new and existing end-user tools and products.
- Assures the creation and maintenance of program documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities subject to change to accommodate policy and procedure changes.
- Expertise in Azure Cloud Architectures
- A Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline required.
- Over 8 years of directly related experience required.
- Developing cutting edge software using Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET MVC), C#, and Angular.
- Database queries, stored procedures, and Entity Framework.
- Working knowledge of systems integration design patterns and best practices.
- Good understanding of Object-oriented models.
- The desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lead a team and exercise project leadership is desirable. Agile development experience preferred.
- Web services (SOAP / XML / REST / JSON, etc.) and WCF
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships, and cooperates actively with staff and third parties regarding assigned development and support tasks.
- Works cooperatively with staff personnel to analyze, recommend actions and implement actions regarding operational incidents, program malfunctions, or requests for development when an incident occurs with the applications or application creation process, and implements programming changes to address such incidents when necessary.
- Stays abreast of technical changes in the areas of development competence through formal and informal professional development, and recommends change where necessary to ensure technologies and application programs are effective, secure, and up-to-date.
- Promotes a professional, positive and supportive work environment.
- Provides regular reports to the information systems senior manager.
- Interacts professionally and cooperatively with members, customers, and staff to answer questions about programs and services, and solves problems that do not require the attention of program-specific staff.
Not for you? We love to share $1,000 referral success bonuses!