Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Senior Software Engineer Full Stack Java
South Florida Hybrid, FloridaApply Now
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Java or Node or Python or others
Location: South Florida based, hybrid for mind melds
Job Type: Perm Full-Time
Salary: $180K+ Depending on Experience
Job ID: 7221
About This Role
SherlockTalent is looking for a capable senior software engineer to be coding every day.
We are looking for someone to provide deep senior technical leadership, domain specialization and expertise, as well as set direction in developing and implementing solutions to address emerging business needs and strategies. You’ll also advance the overall design architecture and technology capabilities in accordance with industry developments. A seasoned engineer at this level proves influential to senior leaders and imparts valuable guidance and governance to other technology groups and business areas.
- Research advanced technologies for relevant specialized area of Engineering, develop and document high-level and low-level design of respective systems.
- Design, deploy and maintain the network infrastructure (Voice, Data, Contact Centre) in the client’s network services environment.
- Lead and support Engineering/ Infrastructure projects and designs on an enterprise basis covering North American and international sites.
- Act as thought leader, innovator and change agent for programs and services that fall under executive management and have potential impact on longer-term strategic objectives.
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend best practices.
- Manage costs for specific projects in conjunction with technology leaders.
- Lead interaction with governance and control groups (e.g. regulatory / operational risk, compliance and audit) to provide subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools.
- Proactively identify emerging technologies and innovative solutions for building more robust platform domains.
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings and forums with senior management, immediate team, other technical areas and business units.
- Experience introducing tools, processes, and an environment to maximize platform productivity
- Full stack development skills with strong experience in either frontend or backend development and are familiar with both.
- A solid understanding of service-oriented design, test-driven development and familiarity with the best tools and technologies to deliver software.
- An in-depth understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with an open-source contribution model and popular open-source projects.
- A solid understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS with proficient understanding of distributed computing systems.
- Strong knowledge of federated and centralized CI/CD pipelines and automation, and how to scale them.
- Ability to work autonomously, insulating your team from noise, and keeping peers and leadership informed about progress and impediments.
- A high standard in everything you do. You question and listen, actively address problems you identify, and own your work.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- be curating and improving our onboarding experience firsthand and in real-time.
- figure out where our team fits. You’ll begin to understand our customers’ engineering needs. It’s essential for you to familiarize our team’s role in the organization and how we’ll measure impact.
- operate transparently in planning sessions with our partners and stakeholders to build things that our engineers will use daily.
- ship your first Pull Request!
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- unlock the potential of the organization through crowd sourced contributions.
- develop new features to automate onboarding into our build and tool sets.
- become familiar with the range of projects we build and maintain.
- constructively engage contributors in pull request reviews.
- ship code with a regular cadence.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- shape the roadmap to solve gaps in our delivery workflows.
- technically lead, own, and run a set of services.
- create new products where you see fit.
- University or Post-Graduate Degree.
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- 10 years+ relevant experience.
- Capable to serve as top technical individual contributor expert role with knowledge of specific domain or broad range of frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures.
- Advanced and highly specialized knowledge of business applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, overall business, standards.
- Technical leadership and consulting prowess when it comes to directing larger teams on aspects of the engineering discipline.
Sound interesting? Apply now.
We love to share $1,000 bonuses for successful referrals
No sponsorships at this time.