Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Business / Data Analyst
REMOTE, FloridaApply Now
Job Title: Business/Data Analyst
Location: 100% REMOTE
Job Type: Perm Full-Time
Salary: $90K-$120K+ Depending on Experience
Job ID: 7171
Business / Data Analyst
Do you consider yourself an entrepreneurial Data Analyst and want to redefine corporate travel? We are looking for someone with a strong desire to learn with enthusiasm and take on new challenges.
We are seeking a cross-functional Data / Reporting Business Analyst to grow our team. In this role you will:
- Work across multiple business units and teams, including the management team, finance team, product team and engineering team to identify needs and opportunities to improve data and reporting integrity.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and enjoy a fast-moving environment
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounting and sales data via reporting.
- Generate reports and visualizations using SQL to support accounting, reporting and decision-making efforts.
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, analyzing data, synthesizing insights, and provide insights to help drive business decisions
- Determine viable solutions to enhance business processes and provide suggestions to automate manual aspects via heavy utilization of our BI platform (currently Sisense).
- Work closely with senior management to identify KPIs, business metrics, and trends
- Have the opportunity to work on new features, new reports, existing reports, KPI dashboards and in many other data related activities.
- Document, validate and organize data, always looking for ways to improve our data foundation and our reporting accuracy
- Four year degree (BA/BS) in Data Analytics or related fields
- 5+ years experience in data analysis, preferably in a similar or related role to that of a Data / Business / Reporting analyst where you used multidimensional data models and queried complex data sets.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in using Reporting / Business Intelligence suites (Sisense is preferred but other relevant experience applies)
- Ability to create complex data queries using SQL.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships across teams and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels
- Ability to query, clean and organize data with great attention to detail
- Flexible as the needs and demands of the team evolve
- Proven ability to work directly with business stakeholders in a constructive manner to gather reporting and analysis requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Strong quantitative intuition and data visualization skills for ad-hoc and exploratory analysis via Excel and/or SQL Software (e.g. Periscope, Tableau, Sisense, Mode, Power BI) to communicate and present insights
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver who can effectively communicate complex analyses to a non-technical and diverse audience
- Must have excellent English communication skills, oral and written and be able to present solutions to senior management
- Can deal with complex and ambiguous situations
Optional but extremely desirable skills
- Strong experience with MySQL is an asset
- Experience with the Periscope / Sisense platform
- Track record of delivering business value by making recommendations utilizing data insights
- Knowledge of both traditional waterfall and Agile project methodologies is an asset
- Process flow creation
- Experience with more than one of the following: document management, imaging or workflow applications
- Experience with Excel data analysis tools such as using Pivot tables and similar concepts
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary is commensurate with work experience.
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- 1 day off for your birthday (actual birthday)
- 6 paid holidays
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. as well as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
We love to share $1,000 bonuses for successful referrals
No C2C at this time.