Our South Florida based client is hiring a Vice President of Information Technology to replace their retiring VP of IT for the past 10 years.
Compensation: Base plus great benefits and bonus.
The VP of IT will lead technology at this well-established, rapidly growing electronics and hardware product development company. Industries served include Medical, Telecommunications, Defense, and Aerospace.
In this mission-critical role, you will report to both the President and CFO, and lead the core IT department, as well as provide direction to multiple subsidiary IT departments.
In this role, you will interact with:
- 10 Top Executives
- 78 General Managers
- 10 Mergers & Acquisitions Specialists
The VP IT role provides direction to almost 100 people:
- 6 direct reports
- 40 indirect reports
- 50 people at subsidiaries
Time allocation of a typical week:
- 30% of time working with IT Security & Compliance Team
- 20% of time with Infrastructure Planning & Outages
- 20% Running 80 projects at any one time
- 10% of time 30 Budgets per year, approving invoices
- 10% with regular compliance & auditors
- 10% of time working with Mergers & Acquisition, Merger Assessments, Infrastructure Assessments, Post Acquisition implementations
- 10% catching your breath, resting & relaxation (oops, that makes 110%, scratch this last one)
Weekends: Couple of calls & emails over the weekend to validate that something that happened in production is being addressed.
From a technical architectural perspective, you must be able to sit down with a team of 15 infrastructure engineers, describe a project, listen to solutions, hear them out, push back where needed, and architect a solution to assure security and scalability.
Management of the Engineering & Support team is a core priority. There is a great team of technical expertise in house, the systems are running well, overall.
ITIL expertise is paramount, how to manage changes in production, how changes are approved, recorded, thought through, and successfully implemented.
Technical depth needed:
- Active Directory
- Many backup technologies
- ERP Systems SiteLine Simex Dynamics and multiple custom-built. Many subsidiaries have their own custom build ERPs built with various legacy systems such as Pick & FoxPro. Those systems have to be migrated and/or integrated.
- 4 Year Technology Degree minimum
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Management coursework a plus
- Technical Certifications are a plus
- A minimum of 10 years as a CIO, VP of IT, or IT Director in a heavily regulated global company.
- A minimum of 5-10 years as an IT Systems and/or Software Engineer.
- A deep experience level in providing IT services to the manufacturing, electronics, and/or aerospace industries.