The Director of Global Networks will be responsible for managing global network services engineering (Build) and operations (Run) teams supporting all locations in the area of Data, Voice, & Video. This global role will report to the VP, Operational Excellence.
This role will be responsible for managing and developing a diverse set of global resources in the areas of network engineering (implementation, capacity analysis, integration of new services, interaction with planning and architecture), network operations (network incident resolution, change implementation, capacity management, technical vendor management, network life cycle), and Voice Services (VoIP, Call Center technologies, Call Routing, etc.). This includes developing and enhancing existing technologies and processes in the areas of network transport, network security, application performance monitoring (infrastructure), and ensuring high availability, reliability, and resiliency.
Additionally, the Director will ensure that the global team adheres to all related SOP’s, policies, standards and best practices. This role will interact with other OE management, financial management, and Global IT staff including database, application, data center, IT Security, and will be integral to help manage the global infrastructure environments. This role will also collaborate directly with other IT colleagues, business partners, vendor resources and other contracted resources to ensure that the global network services team delivers best practices, continuous improvement, and to ensure our services meet and exceed business expectations.
- Manage and develop the global network organization to support the relevant country, regional and global infrastructure environments. Responsible for engineering and operational support in addition to evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies, and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Participate and lead Global / Regional technology and leadership discussions whenever necessary.
- Responsible for services related to network engineering and operations including private and public cloud.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to Life Cycle Management, patching, capacity management, device maintenance, incident management, network security and vulnerability management, audit compliance, equipment and service decommissioning and provisioning. Manage regular maintenance and support of existing environments, as well as next-generation environments and services.
- Provide leadership of Global P1 incidents.
- Identify network services gaps and lead the development of solutions including process, procedures, tasks, and options to address the detected situations.
- Ongoing process improvement whereby the entire team participates in drafting support documentation and operational procedures and applying automation to operational procedures where possible.
- Working with Regional and Global IT will be involved in the support of new technology solutions and helping where necessary to map the business requirements to systems/technical requirements.
- Present new concepts and ideas to IT Management to establish or update standards on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in all compliance requirements around Qualification, change control, IT CMDB administration, helpdesk ticketing and supplier SLA/SLO’s. Produce and report on key operations metrics to prove out KPIs, key operational performance measures, SLA’s at the Operational and Executive level.
- Engage all necessary support personal internally and externally as needed and resolve the issues to meet the goal of business stability.
- Must be a versatile and experienced IT leader with the ability to perform under pressure, highly motivated and results-oriented.
- An undergraduate degree in IT/MIS is required. Also, related IT certifications are a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in Enterprise IT Leadership role.
- Experience in planning, organizing and developing information technology tasks, projects, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Practical experience developing and managing IT Infrastructure operations.
- Experience operating within a large complex network environment with a large number of diverse equipment and services (internal and external).
- Practical experience in dealing with and managing situations with vendors.
- Telecom services and expense control management.
- Vendor management of carriers (AT&T, Tata, etc.).
- A broad range of experience with enterprise voice systems (Avaya, Cisco, Siemens, Mitel, etc.).
- Experience with UCaaS implementations and management preferred.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and oral), particularly with managing IT operations. Must be able to communicate across all levels of IT and Business users.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT-related knowledge and experience in solving problems or complex issues or faults.
- Strong knowledge of business acumen, business processes, operations management, budgeting, and IT business office operations.
- Good understanding of large enterprise applications solutions including database and server connectivity designs is preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management principles.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DRBC) in large complex IT organizations are required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Key in this role is the ability to develop and sustain durable partnerships with business leaders. Must provide relevant insights, expertise, and advice on Network Services. Will lead and participate in operations reviews with IT senior leadership. Drive all Network support for maximum availability and reliability in compliance with IT standards.
- Business Analysis experience will assist with developing deep and broad business functional and application domain knowledge as context for the network supported business services.
- Drive Strategic Sourcing Relationships by developing relevant support sourcing strategy and Review existing service provider agreements for improvement opportunities and implement appropriate changes.