SherlockTalent is seeking a Data Science Manager responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and continual assessment of statistical and machine learning models used to forecast menu item sales and purchases of food, packaging, premiums, and uniforms across the supply chain.
- Establish analytical frameworks to drive stakeholder consensus.
- Develop, operationalize and continually measure the performance of predictive models addressing the most critical demand challenges.
- Continually assess, validate, and refine predictive models.
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of key promotional attributes and product hierarchies in the operational system (Supply.Net).
- Develop automated consumer demand models that run at scale and incorporate current market information, allowing the team to manage restaurant orders and provide the promotions planning & inventory management team with the forecasts and insights needed to run an efficient supply chain.
- Establish strong working relationships with business owners and stakeholders across the supply chain, leading to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide critical supply chain decisions.
- Establish repeatable analytics frameworks in an effort to evolve forecast model development and improve speed to insights.
- Refine systems and methods to continually optimize environments and processing capabilities, so that more computationally complex ML models can be designed.
- Advance the team’s continued education in advancements in data science techniques and practices.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Predictive Analytics, or closely related field. BS or MS in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or Business may be acceptable, if combined with 5+ years of demand forecasting or supply chain planning experience (sales, demand, supply, production)
- 5+ years of experience with experimental test design, modeling techniques, such as time series analysis and machine learning
- 5+ years of experience with Python in a production environment
- Experience with R, Java or other programming languages a plus
- 3+ years experience with Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS) technologies: AWS SageMaker, Microsoft Azure ML, Google Cloud AI, or IBM Watson
- Experience with packaged statistical solutions, such as SAS or SPSS
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, querying very large datasets and writing complex SQL statements
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI or other enterprise-class business intelligence platform
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”