If you’re not into coding but want a job in the technology industry, there may still be a seat at the table for you.
You don’t have to have a traditional background in the science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) fields in order to score employment in the tech industry since most tech companies have several roles for people with skills in marketing, research, writing, communications, and other areas.
While the internal workings of tech companies may seem mysterious to some, the field known for innovation operates much like any other business sector. Tech companies both large and small often require specialized staff in sales and marketing to pitch their offerings or operations managers whose background may not be all that technical.
To spotlight these types of employment opportunities, the career monitoring website Comparably recently produced a list of the most popular jobs in the tech sector for non-techies after compiling thousands of anonymous salary records from U.S. employees in the industry.
The 15 most popular roles for non-techies and what each job pays*:
*the national average, Ranked from highest to the lowest annual salary.
- Sales manager: $117,344 (Base: $85,361 + Bonus: $31,983)
- Business development manager: $116,172 (Base: $95,384 + Bonus: $20,788)
- Sales representative: $109,282 (Base: $69,904 + Bonus: $39,378)
- Human resources manager: $101,269 (Base: $93,131 + Bonus: $8,138)
- Recruiter: $93,874 (Base: $85,074 + Bonus: $8,800)
- Operations manager: $92,660 (Base: $84,534 + Bonus: $8,126)
- Account manager: $88,700 (Base: $71,243 + $17,457)
- Marketing manager: $87,448 (Base: $81,359 + Bonus: $6,089)
- Business analyst: $83,770 (Base: $78,575 + Bonus: $5,195)
- Public relations manager: $83,329 (Base: $79,357 + Bonus: $3,972)
- Copywriter/content writer: $68,197 (Base: $66,432 + Bonus: $1,765)
- Customer service manager: $70,093 (Base: $64,927 Bonus: $5,166)
- Accountant: $63,393 (Base: $60,447 + Bonus: $2,946)
- Social media manager: $63,309 (Base: $61,396 + Bonus: $1,913)
- Office manager: $58,884 (Base: $56,250 + Bonus: $2,634)
If you are interested in one of these positions, contact [email protected]erlockTalent.com
First published in USA Today by Dalvin Brown: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2019/08/05/coding-isnt-everyone-15-most-popular-tech-jobs-non-techies/1899139001/