We are looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to work on-site in our Sunrise, FL location.
The ideal candidate will have Taleo or comparable Talent Management Software and Corporate Recruiting or Coordination experience.
The Recruiting Coordinator will focus on facilitating the flow of candidates through the Recruitment process. You will work closely with Hiring Managers, HR, and both internal and external Recruiters to guide the best candidates through the interview and hiring process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with HR, Hiring Managers, internal and external Recruiters and Candidates
- Adhere to laws, rules, regulations, and personal data privacy regulations
- Prepare a report on a weekly basis for the tasks completed or in progress
- Schedule interviews
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent time Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Taleo or comparable Talent Management Software
Our client is seeking a individual to oversee the technical operations of acquisitions and organic growth initiatives from an IT infrastructure perspective. Position requires an in-depth understanding of servers, networks, firewalls, end users workstations, and applications required to run small to medium size branch offices. This individual will need to work within a team that will perform due diligence of new acquisitions, provide detailed assessments, and put into place a plan to integrated newly acquired practices into the organization.
- Practices due diligence while researching, evaluating, selecting, and recommending new systems and resources
- Develop and manage project schedules while maintaining current systems
- Work directly with business development and other departments to acquired and integrate new businesses.
- Provide budget numbers for acquisition and new startup plans
- Implement and maintain network security standards for new acquisitions.
- Manage team schedule to meet business developments timelines
- Coordinate all other department to ensure smooth transition of newly acquired and start-up practices.
- Monitor efficient working of all complex and multifaceted projects.
- Perform research and develop new technologies and evaluate work of support suppliers.
- Evaluate work and ensure compliance to all infrastructure standards and polices for various supplier proposed solutions.
- Assist management with all high priority projects and prepare technical presentations.
- Monitor all customer inquiries and ensure appropriate resolution of same.
- Respond and successfully interact with coworkers, administrative staff, district personnel, contractors, consultants, and manufacturer vendors.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience with networking, VoIP, Data Center, Disaster Recovery and telecom industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in resource management and staff scheduling alignment, preferably in a 24 x 7 operation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in all aspects of employee management, including hiring, coaching, training, and disciplinary action.
- Minimum of 5 years technical support experience with strong troubleshooting skills in a large-scale production environment.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including networking, server-based operating systems.
- Experience working with monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds
- Must have a strong working technical knowledge of servers, users desktop, and networking equipment, with experience in large deployment and support.
- Experience remote location and supporting with minimal on site IT resources
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Scripting knowledge, including Powershell, VB a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience working with VMWare or other enterprise-level virtual solutions is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of IP network architecture and routing protocols.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- Process and Procedure driven.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues as well as trending recurring issues.
- Experience working with automation and automation tools.
- Experience in monitoring solution administration.
- Experience working with multiple server hardware platforms, including Dell and HP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related Technology Degree preferred.
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Shirley
The Network Engineer is responsible for the support of company's hardware, software, and data related systems. Installation and support of: file, applications and database servers, switching, routing, wiring, communication links, workstations, laptops and Winterms, printers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, accounting software, telecommunication software, HTTP and HTTPS support, development tools and databases.
- Implement and manage WAN/LAN networking schemes while adhering to industry standard security protocols and SOX, HIPPA and PCI principles.
- Ensure the timely delivery of computer systems and business applications.
- Ensure an up-to-date inventory and accountability is maintained for each site.
- Ensure accurate and reliable delivery of service.
- Provide support and guidance to the Help Desk as level 2 or level 3 support for all systems.
- Provide the installation and support of PC and server based software at new company locations.
- Communicate the details, requirements and status of all current and planned projects.
- Maintain the integrity and safety of company data through the supervision of data backups and archiving principles
- Strong customer service orientation
- Vulnerability and application patch management increasing system performance while reducing potential threats.
- Breakdown, disassembly and disposal of networking, infrastructure and business application systems with minimal impact to the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science field and/or 5 years of industry related experience within the Healthcare setting.
- 3 to 5 years of networking, computing and business application systems integration, support and maintenance.
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of supported computers, routers, switches, network operating systems.
- Enterprise level Active Directory management supporting Windows, Linux, Macintosh computing systems, GPO’s, OU’s and Domain Groups.
- Exceptional communication and leadership capabilities
- WAN/LAN routing and switching protocols and safeguards to include Ethernet, Wireless, VPN, MPLS, SFTP, FTP, HL7
- Critical thinking skills and adaptation in complex situations that drive decision making processes producing successful outcomes.
- Experience with SOX, PCI and HIPPA initiatives and standards
- High availability, failover and data integrity experience with mission critical business requirements
- Experience with SMTP routing and filtering technologies
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Shirley