Senior Systems Engineer
Our Palm Beach County based client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to be responsible for operational tasks generator by other technology groups, assisting them with project workload and systems maintenance activities. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for systems and main point on troubleshooting, remediation of problems and escalating issues to the appropriate teams. This Systems Engineer will also be responsible for assisting in scheduling, coaching, and administrative activities.
- Monitoring software administration, including maintenance and upgrades
- Provide the tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all devices, services and processes.
- Create and develop tools to enhance correlation of historical performance and alert data with current issues.
- Define and evangelize standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing o
- Primary role in designing and building solutions to improve operational awareness.
- Research, architect, and oversee implementation of monitoring solutions for new technologies.
- B.S Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in Linux, Windows and Mac OS X environments
- Experience in architecting and developing monitoring and reporting solutions with using tools such as: Shell scripting, Perl, PHP, MySQL and Java
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols
- Expert level knowledge of RPM package creation process, source/version control, and apache/lighttPD web servers
- Expert level knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Experience in an Enterprise Java environment desirable
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud based technologies
- Experience in managing SAN’s such as EMC and NetApp
- Assigning of work daily via ticketing system queues
- Change Control Management (ITIL Based)
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Coaching and growing less senior engineers
- Acting as technical and managerial escalation points for NOC, HelpDesk, and Systems Team
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."