We are seeking a superstar Art Director with a strong background in digital and UX design to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to be a pivotal part of evolving the Chewy digital presence into an intuitive, engaging online shopping experience. You’re an outstanding designer with extraordinary craft skills, creative flair and a minimalistic, user-centric aesthetic. You’re a customer obsessed, self-starting go-getter that can think on your feet and work creatively within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Come join our effort to grow Chewy into a household name, one that every pet lover will count on to keep their furry friends happy and healthy!
What You'll do:
- Execute front-end UI and Interaction design concepts along with implementation of new features across a redesigned Chewy.com
- Establish visual creative direction for our digital platform and help maintain consistent brand identity
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and senior executives to create original user-centric designs that reflect business requirements
- Create prototypes of your designs for stakeholder approval
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing to refine the user experience
- Produce concepts and design ideation that drive reach, engagement and monetization
- Exhibit a pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Mentor, inspire and develop rising designers to help establish a world class design team
What you'll need:
- Strong portfolio showcasing real work and your design process
- 6+ years of UX/UI design experience of digital products, creative agency experience preferred.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and a relentless passion for beautiful crafted design, change and innovation
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- Master of design tools: Sketch, Adobe CC, pen and paper, whiteboard and dry-erase markers
- Master of one or more prototyping tools: Frame, Flinto, Principle, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/J, After Effects
- Strong visual design skills and background designing for systems (style guides, design patterns)
- Strong knowledge of front end technologies to communicate effectively with engineers
- The position is based in the Greater Fort Lauderdale, FL area.
- Passion for motion design especially micro interactions
- Proficiency in illustration, iconography, typeface and packaging design
- E-Commerce experience preferred
- Passion for design