Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
SAP Program Manager
Your next Title: SAP Program Manager
Your next Location: Broward, FL
Job Type: Contract
Our client located in Broward County is looking for a SAP PM that will provide coordinated direction for Information Technology initiatives by identifying, developing, and monitoring projects to ensure standardized project management practices, methods, and tools are being utilized to achieve desired performance standards and customer satisfaction.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Utilize superior communication and collaboration skills to facilitate, coordinate, manage and lead Information & Technology initiatives related to internal business or academic applications and/or infrastructure related projects while embracing and evangelizing the Project Management Office (PMO) methodology, policies, and procedures.
- Lead an upgrade of BCPS on premise SAP environment from the current version (6.05) where our database sits on a DB2 database on an IBM mainframe to the current release and the transitioning of this entire platform to a hosted (cloud) based solution utilizing SAP HANA.
- You will have HEAVY interaction with both the new cloud hosting provider as well as the organization that is coordinating and leading the migration effort (SAP). You will represent OUR interests (BCPS) and keep the project moving aggressively to a hard deadline as we have to be off of our mainframe by mid-2018.
- Integration experience is also important as you must also stay on top of all integrations between SAP and other in house products within BCPS.
- Develop individual project plans and project schedules to ensure performance measures, customer satisfaction, and scope requirements are identified as part of the project implementation plan. Involves coordinating people resources to manage projects for unit directors.
- Improve resource management by coordinating and maintaining service level agreements.
- Experience in a centralized PMO where the focus is simultaneously on Portfolio, Program and Project efforts.
- Serve as liaison to other divisions and/or administrators by coordinating user business needs and technology requirements with project management methodologies.
- Ensure effective management of project resources by coordinating, maintaining, forecasting and managing projects and developing assigned staff through ongoing performance management.
- Demonstrate managerial initiative in identifying and mitigating potential risks or issues to the project management initiatives.
- Ensure continuous process improvement by utilizing Project Management Office (PMO) software, processes and methodologies such as in-depth work analyses and flow charts to ensure successful delivery of project management (PM) results.
- Work with internal and/or external customers to develop project scope, project plans, and project schedule documents. Prepare project status reports as necessary.
- Assigns, schedules, and monitors project work to ensure progress is within specified guidelines and requirements and is completed on time and within budget; mentor and provide expertise to other project team members.
- Identify, track, and monitor project issues and risks. Work to facilitate and develop solutions with customers.
- Organize and conduct project team meetings as necessary.
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments job responsibilities.
- Seek out and review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, or designee.
This is what you'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration/project management or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience and/or training in a field related to SAP full life cycle implementation / upgrades / rescue.
- Highly developed analytical skills as well as advanced oral and written communication skills.
- At least seven (7) years documented experience in project management.
- Knowledge and theory of project management.
- Documented experience managing information technology ERP (specifically SAP) projects.
This will be considered a PLUS:
- PMI Certification or advanced degree in project management.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas."