Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Your next Title: Release Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Your next Location: Miami, FL
This is what you'll be doing:
- Assist to develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for release administration policies and procedures.
- Assist to develop and implement a forward-looking plan for release windows and cycles across a portfolio.
- Identify risks and resolutions for issues that affect release scope, schedule, and/or quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, within budget, and while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- In conjunction with the PMO will participate in and/or conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Weekly release reporting.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business as required.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes potential application to current configuration management needs.
- Assist with release management design and capacity planning.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Negotiate, plan, and drive all change management and release activities.
- Creates and maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all key stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
This is what you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent technical or trade business professional work experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technology (previous System Administration experience preferred).
- Must have an understanding of server environments, database schemas, coding in multiple languages, and design skills.
- 2-4 years of previous change control and release management experience (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software version control and release management required.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Strong understanding of a variety of SDLC toolsets, including source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions.
- Certifications in any of these: PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean or similar.
- Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
- Microsoft Windows Server knowledge
- VMWare Virtual Environment knowledge
- Experience architecting and implementing software release process
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience developing and/or managing formal SDLCs.
This is consider a strong plus:
- Microsoft MCSE a plus
- VMWare VCP a plus
- Spanish knowledge a plus but not required
- Financial Industry Experience a plus
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas."