Our client is looking for a Junior QA Software Analyst to join their team. Ideal candidate will be responsible or interfacing with other QA team members and development at a competent technical level and participating in technical product, document & defect reviews and status meetings.
Candidate should provide input on product deficiencies & possible development/ SQA process improvements. Perform job tasks with minimal assistance following the testing procedures & guidelines and maintain a high & diversified level of product knowledge, knowledge of related SQA best practices and tools. Should evaluate product requirements for testability.
- Software validation testing on new and existing software development products and reporting test results.
- Review product requirements for testability and provide constructive feedback.
- Create and maintain testing environments on VM Labs to facilitate product testing and staging.
- Develop, document & execute validation test cases that are traceable to and fulfill the product requirements.
- Utilize, maintain & configure available test tools & equipment to meet the test requirements.
- Maintain & record test data and provide detailed project status information.
- Utilize technical product knowledge & training, PC skills, test case writing skills & tools, basic programming skills and quality training to accomplish tasks. Maintain technical competency and in-depth product knowledge.
- Daily contact with department supervisors or senior team members.
- Interface with various associates from software development, product management, operations, and support.
- Work with other QA team members and development to provide total quality management and design control for testing of CheckAlt software projects.
- Develop and maintain test scripts for all projects as needed.
- Provide feedback to management concerning testing processes, tools & techniques.
- Help to integrate test automation efforts with the development build & test process.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the virtual test environments.
Associate Degree in IT, Software or related field preferred or equivalent experience
1-3 years of experience configuring and testing web and windows applications
Has knowledge of MS SQL 2008/2014,IIS 6/7, and SDLC concept practices and procedures
Proficiency in MS Office products, MS Windows operating systems 2008/2012; Windows 7,8, and 10
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Strong ability to work in a team environment.
Self-starter requiring little supervision.
Multi-task on a variety of projects.
Ability to develop strong working relationships with any functional group at all levels.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Strong troubleshooting skills.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!