Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Junior Software Data Analyst
Junior Software Data Analyst
Dev | Boca Raton, FL | Full Time
- Strong in T-SQL, SSIS and MSSQL
- MS SQL Studio
- Experience with programming skill.
- Microsoft SQL Server
Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or Microsoft Certification or related fields
Looking for a database developer skill to perform data mining and reports to improve our systems.
- Assists in data extraction and reporting requests using data residing in the data warehouse in order to provide a more comprehensive understanding. With supervision, interacts with the Data Warehouse Team in order to identify data to be extracted, uses data mining software to extract the data and presents the data in a concise report format that is easily interpreted by non-technical personnel.
- Assists in updating existing data mining models, reports, and presentations to provide Company management with a deeper understanding of the independent product and application behavior. Assists in the development of new reports and statistical predictive models at the request of the Sr. software analyst or the SR, CTO or VP’s
- A good understanding of Relational Database concepts, including SQL and Query Optimization.
- Assists personnel in Marketing Forecasting and Analysis in interpreting and transforming the requests of management for data mining information into workable projects
- Assists with special analysis projects as requested by management to aid in analyzing and improving Company programs and strategies at the direction of the product for email and CRM data. Contributes to written reports and presentations of work performed that are easily understandable by readers with non-statistical or non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to lead projects that conform to development best practices.
- Create procedures and functions and t-sql queries using management studio and call those procedures and functions using SSRS to create reports, SSIS packages.
- This role will consist of support and development of reports and ETL processes.
- Good communications and ability to solve problems.
- Tuning and performance.
- Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Test and develop programming modifications based on data results need it by the system. Analyzes data in Excel pivot tables Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor. Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls. Write and maintain programming documentation. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed. Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference. Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource. Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
1. Logical Database Design Skills
2. Physical Database Design Skills
3. SQL Data Definition Skills (DDL)
4. SQL Data Manipulation Skills (DML)
5. Entity-Relationship (ER) Modeling Skills
6. Indexing, Performance Tuning and Optimization Skills
7. Strong SQL / Data Analysis Skills
Plus if they have passed any of the exams below:
Exam 88-971: SQL Server 2008 Microsoft Certified Master
Exam 70-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
Exam 70-433: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Developme