Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Multiple Positions – Senior mid-career and junior lever (salary based on experience)
The Security Engineer’s role is to serve as a security expert in network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, application development, database design, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, contractual obligations, SOX, and security best practices. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing security best practices then implementing. In addition, the Security Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all security hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve security related problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end–user training where required.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Researches, evaluates recommends, and implements information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy.
- Create security standards for firewalls, wireless access, other network devices, servers, systems, applications, and databases.
- Researches, designs and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff.
- Monitor security risk and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of security software and equipment
- Assists in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation.
- Reports to management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Advises security administrators on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments: performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- Responsible for the execution of risk assessment activities, analyzing theresults of audits (performed by other groups) to produce recommendations of acceptable risk and risk mitigation strategies.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 1-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISO, not required, but a plus
- Strong knowledge of network security
- Firewalls – Juniper / Cisco / Checkpoint
- VPN & remote access
- Certificate based access
- Access points
- 802.11x standards
- WEP / WPA(2)
- Strong knowledge of cryptography
- Encryption algorithms
- Private / public key architecture
- Digital signatures
- Strong knowledge of application and database security
- The role of security within the SDLC
- Database encryption
- Application vulnerability discovery
- Strong working knowledge of authentication and access control
- Federated authentication. e.g. ADFS, SSO, SAML, OpenID
- Active Directory security groups
- Application roles
- Strong working knowledge of operations and security monitoring tools
- SEIM: Juniper STRM
- Vulnerability assessment
- Orion Solarwinds
- Packet sniffers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- The following would be a definite plus
- Experience in a large infrastructure or security implementation. i.e. multiple sites throughout a geographically dispersed area
- Experience in a multi-datacenter environment
- Understanding of MS Active Directory
- Understanding of application development
- Highly self-motivated and directed; takes initiative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Skills to mentor other employees
- Ability to successfully lift 50lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate & facilitate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Flexibility to directly assist with any other tasks not specifically mentioned at the discretion or request from a member of management.