Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Junior Cyber Security Analyst
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT person with a year or two of cyber security and NIST/FISMA experience to break into a great position and gain experience. Must have a good understanding and experience with information technology and a good understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework and experience working in that realm.
Experience: 4 years general IT plus 2 years cyber security experience.
Apply the guidance provided in all relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications in the delivery of IT security services:
- Security Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, and Analysis.
- Perform near real-time monitoring of the network, to include all local area networks and connected Major Applications, using existing and future Government furnished security tools in order to detect evidence of an intrusion or misuse.
- Perform incident response, as defined by FISMA, in support of all security incidents related to customer information or information systems.
- Ensure timely and effective identification, isolation, containment, coordination, and documentation of security incidents in compliance with prevailing US-CERT and customer security policies and standards.
- Participate in regular Incident response testing.
- Provide support for the: 1) ongoing compliance with the U.S. Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB); 2) resolution of known vulnerabilities and areas of non-compliance; 3) upgrades to customer infrastructure; 4) changes to network architecture; 5) change management activities with the development/review of implementation plans, back out plans, and security impact analyses; and 6) security engineering services required for the implementation of new applications.
- Evaluate, configure, implement, administer, maintain, and upgrade (as applicable) security tools with oversight provided by federal staff. This includes the testing, troubleshooting, and coordinated deployment of agent installations across the enterprise.
- Provide a security analyst and/or engineering staff member to support the Advanced Security Operations Center (ASOC) team on an as needed basis.
- Provide administrative service for support, maintenance and the development, configuration and deployment of enhancements to a Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM).
- Develop, document, and implement a continuous monitoring program for the customer information systems and obtain approval of the continuous monitoring strategy by all applicable stakeholders. CSAM is the web-based enterprise-wide application that maintains details and artifacts related to IT Security boundaries.
- Provide Assessment and Authorization (A&A) support services for the customer information systems developed or maintained hereunder prior to going into production. Subsequent to the initial authorization to operate, information systems follow the ongoing authorization process and associated continuous monitoring requirements as prescribed by OMB and NIST.
- Assess the effectiveness of a subset of implemented controls on an ongoing basis to inform the AO’s decisions regarding the continued use and operation of the system. A&A documents will be maintained in the Cyber Security Assessment and Management solution (CSAM) or as instructed by the government oversight lead.
- Perform annual security control assessments in accordance with the Continuous Monitoring Plan:
- FISMA, NIST, A&A, CSAM
Job Type: Contract
- Cybersecurity: 2 years
- Vulnerability Assessment (NESSUS etc): 1 year
- NIST 800-53 R4: 1 year
- FISMA: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- US Citizen