Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
IT Support Supervisor
IT Support Supervisor
This supervisory role oversees the day-to-day operations of the service desk, directs IT Service Desk Technicians and System Administrators, manages customer relations, and performs related duties as assigned. This role will serve as the team lead and provide “hands-on” assistance covering the acquisition of all IT devices, building/trouble shooting of these devices and will assist in administering Active Directory. Role requires the development of policies, procedures and training to provide predictable services delivery through their team to the business.
The successful candidate is someone who is strategic thinker and is able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment. This candidate must possess a strong Supervisory background and is able to effectively and clearly delegate tasks to ensure subordinates meet or exceed the same quality of standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned.
1. Supervises, plans, and coordinates execution of work assignments and workloads for L1/L2 service desk personnel, ensuring adherence to departmental policy and procedures. Holds self and staff accountable to ensure achievement of SLA metrics and generates required service desk reports to monitor performance.
2. Monitors & tracks turnaround time for service desk requests, accuracy of technical assistance provided, and proper closure/escalation of support requests. Assists in daily operation of the help desk, which includes but is not limited to: resolving service requests through hands-on work with PCs, laptops, printers, handheld devices, and all other associated computer peripherals and software.
3. Assists with the planning, design, research, and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems.
4. Develops processes, goals, and policies to continually improve the quality of customer service and technical service provided to the help desk customers. Provides guidance to lower level technician in the resolution of customer service and technical problems using the proper implementation and interpretation of procedures.
5. Implements a schedule to ensure appropriate coverage of help desk during normal and after business hours. Must be able to accommodate 24-hour on-call availability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and at least five years related experience in end user support especially Microsoft desktop operation systems and applications suites; 2 years supervisory experience, and training in a business environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job where two year’s related experience equals one year of schooling.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Microsoft desktop operating systems and Installing and maintaining LAN/Desktop Hardware and Software systems including, Office 2010/2013/365 suite and multiple hardware platforms.
– Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft desktop software and TCP/IP network protocols.
– Ability to configure desktop and laptop computers to company standards, and performing minor to medium level repairs to computer hardware and peripherals.
– Advanced knowledge of Support Desk tools for desk performance and operations. Tools include but not limited to, ITSM system, call management, remote access, and network and server monitoring.
– Familiarity of ITIL Service Operations. Experience with formal service support processes and procedures, including incident, change, problem management and knowledge management.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
-Experience with Apple products a plus
-Experience with server and or desktop virtualization
-Experience with HEAT ticketing a plus