Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Information Security Officer
Job Title: Information Security Officer
Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Permanent
SherlockTalent is looking for a talented Information Security Officer that will be in charge of overseeing and coordinate our client’s security efforts across different departments, identifying and establishing security initiatives and standards throughout the organization. The Information Security Officer will work together with the CISO to implement security strategies.
- Works with key individuals throughout the organization to develop business cases for new security projects and in the risk assessment of existing and planned information systems
- Provides training and supports development of employees identifying growth opportunities for those highly skilled
- Maintains employee motivation engagement and recognition
- Serves as motivation for employee commitment and integrity, values and positive behavior
- Monitors access to all systems and maintains access control profiles on computer network and systems.
- Develops and keeps appropriate Segregation of Duties within and across applications
- In charge of documenting policies, processes, and detailed procedures for the Cyber Security team and contributes to other lines of business with their policies related to information safeguarding, compliance, and fraud prevention
- Provides administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs
- Supervises information security infrastructure, vulnerability management, patch management, identity and access management, virtual security operations center, and incident response program
- Will work with Enterprise Risk Management to determine acceptable risk levels for the enterprise and ensuring the IT environments are adequately protected from potential risks and threats
- Proposes new methods and technologies to address emerging risks by tracking and monitoring threats
- Participates in development and implementation of the appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risks.
- Supervises and assists with incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches
- Facilitates all information technology, security, and operations related internal and external audits and examinations
- Researches, develops, communicates, maintains and works with the operational units on the enforcement of IT security architecture, policies, procedures, solutions, and standards
- Ensures improved security awareness and education through programs
- Supervises incorporation of all applicable regulatory guidelines and industry standards into the institution’s policies, procedures, and operations
- Responsible for managing the performance of all contingency planning activities
- Oversees the department goals and objectives and ensuring timelines and goals are met within a timely manner
- Supervises the enterprise-wide GLBA Risk Assessment and all other information security assessments or security evaluations
- Documents progress reports on information security projects, IT and security key risk indicators, quarterly business reviews, compliance posture, and other metrics to the appropriate Executive Committees, and Board of Directors, as needed.
- Works closely in the recruitment and selection process, feedback and on-boarding
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, PMP, ITIL, CRISC, or CISM certification required
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in information security, information technology risk management, compliance, and/or related knowledge preferably in banking or a highly regulated industry
- Proven experience in disaster recovery planning, risk assessment, and policy writing
- Ability to understand new laws and regulatory requirements and how they relate to security and compliance and present the overall risk
- Knowledge of methodologies such as FAIR, NIST, etc.
- Vulnerability scanning, threat intelligence, and auditing tools
- Enterprise-scale network and host-based IDS architectures and firewall architectures
- E-commerce application security
- Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies
- Secure messaging architectures and strong PKI knowledge
- Strong Knowledge of regulatory bodies, and the regulations and guidance issued by these bodies, overseeing banks, credit unions, and financial services organizations, such as the FDIC, FinCEN, Federal Reserve Board, and OCC
- Strong knowledge of privacy laws, such as GLBA and SOX
- Must be a persuasive leader with strong project management experience that will act as a bridge between IT and business process owners
- Should have experience with business impact analysis, business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
- Outstanding communications skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."