Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Electronic Health Records (EHR) Specialist
Provides exceptional ongoing customer service by partnering directly with affiliated physician practices to optimize the Electronic Health Record platform(s) to ensure the ongoing success of their practice. This role requires the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and professional interactions with affiliated physicians and their staff, internal staff and external vendors. The optimization services begin with onsite training and go-live support, then evolves into a long-term support partnership as the practices work towards full adoption. This roles supports approximately 40-45 existing practices by providing training and support services in person, telephonically, and via web-based screen sharing. Overnight travel will be approximately 80%. This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of EHR platform(s) and responds to inquiries from internal staff and practice affiliates to ensure efficient and timely actions are taken.
2. Assesses training and support needs through regular contact with assigned affiliated Physicians who are currently using the EHR platform.
3. Develops customized, solution oriented training and adoption plans specific to individual practices and coordinates the optimization process through full adoption.
4. Understands the individual practice model and recommends ongoing solutions and training to ensure success. Continues to serve as a contact for future needs assessments.
5. Develops communication / contact and visit strategy to ensure all affiliates within the assigned region are communicated with on a quarterly basis.
6. Captures best-practices and shares with network physicians. Advises practices on suggested workflow modifications.
7. Hosts user group meetings for their assigned region. Captures and shares critical learning’s with internal management team and develops approved communications to share with network physicians.
8. Works within approved budgetary guidelines. Completes necessary expense paperwork timely and within policy.
9. Ensures Manager is provided with detailed trip/training reports on a weekly basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from four-year college or university and at least three years EHR training or EHR use in a clinical setting required; or equivalent combination of education and experience where two years related experience equals one year of schooling.
• Prior training experience specifically with Electronic Health Record systems required. Specific experience with e-MDs desirable.
• Solid understanding of EHR and medical office workflow required.
• Understanding of “Meaningful Use” and Physician Quality Reporting System required. Knowledge of Patient-Centered Medical Home and other P4P programs is highly desirable.
• Clinical training and primary care medical office experience is highly desirable.
• Works autonomously from a home office when not traveling. Ability to travel up to 80%. This includes overnight travel by air or land.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn new software easily.