Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Director Software Engineering
The Director of Back Office Systems’ role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of internal and commercial software applications. The Back Office Systems Director is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her engineering team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission critical software systems.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for the company’s software suite.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to the company’s architects and development teams.
- Be a steward of the commercial solutions and socialize all the capabilities end users will gain by the implementations.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in research and development.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio? make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confer with clients and executive management to define business requirements for complex systems and commercial development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check systems technical performance.
- Develop and manage a system capacity plan.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
Our Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
mission critical Competencies
- MANAGES AMBIGUITY:
Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- SITUATIONAL ADAPTABILITY:
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- ALIGNS EXECUTION:
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- ENGAGES AND INSPIRES:
Creating a climate in which people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- STRATEGIC VISION:
Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering and/or
- 14+ years equivalent work experience.
- Strong background in software development with full stack development experience (database, mid-tier, front-end)
- Solid understanding of technical architecture and design patterns
- Strong object oriented discipline
- Ability to document, design, implement data driven solutions requiring financial and compliance oversight
Technical understanding and experience with the following technologies:
- NET and related technologies such as WPF and Silverlight, WCF, Entity
- Framework and ASP.NET MVC.
- Web technologies. HTTP/S, contemporary HTML (HTML5 and CSS3),
- SQL and SQL Server database.
- Open Source technologies such as Python and Node.
- New technology introduction and implementation program.