Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Data Systems Analyst, Data Warehouse
Data Systems Analyst, Data Warehouse / Data Analytics
SUMMARY: Designs, develops, implements, and maintains data models, database schemas and database systems. Installs, configures, administers, and maintains databases systems on multiple platforms. Develop, implement, and maintain ETL processes and programs.
This position is for a Data Systems Analyst in our client’s applications development group. The Data Systems Analyst is responsible for understanding and analyzing project requirements to develop flexible and robust Operational and/or Analytical / Dimensional logical and physical data models.
The role requires strong collaboration with application development teams, business teams, and key stakeholders to design robust, scalable, operational, data warehouse, data mart, and/or third party solutions. This position demands a well-organized, action oriented team player with exceptional time management skills to support multiple initiatives simultaneously and in a very fast paced environment. The Data Systems Analyst will participate in all aspects of the software development process including, requirements gathering, designing, coding, unit testing, quality assurance, and deployment documentation. The Data Systems Analyst is expected to work well within a collaborative team of software professionals and have technical group leadership abilities to lead data modeling and data management activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes database requirements; develops detailed database design specifications to meet identified requirements in a the database environment.
- Reviews and analyzes user needs; assist to determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems.
- Analyze and understand business data requirements to create accurate, extensible, flexible logical data models using modeling tools e.g. ErWin, ER/Studio
- Design and develop logical and physical data models that are consistent with data standards, guidelines, work processes and tools.
- Develop and/or assist with development of data access protocols and methods. Analyzes and develop codes for ETL, database access, modification and construction
- Assists with the development and implementation of database standards and methodologies.
- Responsible for adhering to Data Standards and managing metadata quality and integrity.
- Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Supports the development of Enterprise Data Architectures
- Installs, configures, administers, maintains, and tunes databases.
- Perform database backup, recovery, and/or replication as needed.
- Researches, recommends, and implements database and system software upgrades.
- Analyzes and reports on database metrics; administers and controls data resources; monitors and ensures database integrity, security, and performance; and implements tools to improve database performance.
- Interact with business partners to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery
- Take an organization-wide view of the business and its data, (e.g. maintain re-usable or enterprise data models) while providing detailed project-specific modeling and analysis support
- Assists in research of data architecture technology industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in IT systems or applications development
- 5+ years of data modeling; database analysis, design, implementation and administration.
- 3+ years of experience architecting or delivering large scale systems in an enterprise environment on multiple platforms, with a focus on Data Warehousing (building and implementing), Big Data, Cloud Technologies, and/or Advanced Analytical solutions
- Experience in the development, implementation, and management of Enterprise Data Models, Data Architecture Strategies, Delivery Roadmaps, Information Lifecycle Management, and Data Governance capabilities
- Extensive experience building conceptual and physical models
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux/Unix administration. Ability to write shell scripts in Linux.
- Ability to install software on Linux systems and configure Linux OS.
- Experience with data access and database connectivity, the tools and techniques, especially the development experience in web and analytics applications.
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL Database Systems.
- Experience with cloud computing, especially with AWS, including Amazon Redshift.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL techniques, tools, and best practices
- Extensive experience with dimensional modeling and ETL programming
- Knowledge of reporting and visualization tools and Executive Information systems design and implementation. Experience with Tableau or similar technologies and tools desired.
- Working knowledge of version control techniques and tools. Experience with Git a plus.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban Agile methodologies a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills;
- Ability to collaborate and engage effectively with technical and non-technical resources at all organization levels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Understanding of security legislation that affects our businesses, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry regulations, Customer Data Protection regulations and contemporary security legislation activities that may impact future plans.