Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst II
The Business Systems Analyst is an IT professional that works with different departments to assess their needs and implement IT solutions that support organizational business goals. An additional responsibility of this position will be to help enhance Quality Assurance (QA) practices. As a key liaison between business users and technical teams, the BSA gathers business requirements and translates them into Request for Proposals (RFPs) and functional specifications that are implemented by vendors and technical teams. The BSA is responsible for training, testing/QA, deploying, and supporting the solution for the user community.
The Business Systems Analyst must encompass strong leadership skills and able to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment. Someone who is able to develop new ideas and systems, while being able to improve old ones. Candidate must be able to make decisions quickly and able to communicate factually and authoritatively, while recognizing the need to maintain a supportive work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Uses process optimization (e.g. Six Sigma) methodologies to streamline business processes in preparation for system automation
2. Performs analysis with the end users and prepares business cases with the end users to articulate the business value of the project
3. Conveys business requirements to technical teams using tools such as logical diagrams, use cases, visio process flows, data samples, and functional requirements documents
4. Actively participates or leads design reviews, coordinates with the project manager to develop the scope, budget, and schedule
5. Uses technical skills and background to collaborate closely with application developers to deliver solutions that meet the highest business and technical standards
6. Conducts (or organizes) training sessions for the users about how to use the systems and tools.
7. Performs project management and/or business analyst function depending on project size and assignment
8. Develops and designs test scenarios, plans, and scripts for projects, application enhancements, and support activities.
9. Creates and maintains an end-to-end testing strategy that can be used for regression test in flight projects and system modifications.
10. Performs testing for functional and non-functional requirements.
11. Provides 2nd level support to business applications already in place.
12. Maintains current awareness of IT by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; researching emerging trends; participating in professional societies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information, System or equivalent studies/relevant work experience
• Must have 2+ years of relevant experience in similar roles to this one (e.g. Business Analyst, QA Analyst).
• Good technical background in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to be able to manage or perform development duties
• Hands On Experience in CRM Salesforce.com
• Formal training or certifications in Business Process Optimization/Business Process Excellence (e.g. Six Sigma)
• Experience in AGILE projects (Scrum Master, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience and updated knowledge in enterprise business apps concepts such as CRM, BI, ERP, BPM, SOA, Cloud, etc. In particular, must have experience with CRM (e.g. Salesforce.com) and BI projects
• At least 2 years of experience in QA/testing
• Excellent leadership and communication skills (clear and concise), strong business acumen combined with solid analytical/problem solving skills
• Sufficient technical skills to monitor and challenge the deliverables of development teams. May be required to perform hands-on-programming occasionally
• Results orientation and driven individual with high sense of ownership and accountability. Fast learner, adaptable to work in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task / managing multiple projects (or components) simultaneously
• Hands On Experience in CRM Salesforce.com
• Experience establishing a QA process
• Some experience in project management and particularly in AGILE projects (Scrum Master, etc)
• Demonstrated experience in contracting and managing external vendors and technical teams (including offshore resources)
• Previous experience in a consulting organization is a plus
• Healthcare industry experience