Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Microsoft Great Plains Consultant
Opportunity: Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Job Type: Contract: 4-5 months (potential for perm for right fit)
Business Systems Analyst
Our Palm Beach County based client is seeking Business Systems Analyst – Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) to perform functions on highly complex projects and provides guidance to a team of Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) on cross-functional projects. The Analyst will serve as a liaison between the Business and the Information Technology teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather stakeholder needs to, analyze, define, verify and validate these requirements with business stakeholders and project team members.
- Collaborate with team members including project manager, development lead and business stakeholders in understanding business requirements and implications. Coordinate with them to offer alternative process or system-oriented solutions.
- Document & manage requirement changes & their causes through project/product life cycle.
- Provides implementation services, including application documentation and training, formulation of training/implementation plans, deployment within the business, and handoff to support services.
- Maintains current working knowledge of research, theories, methodologies, and best practices in project management and business analysis. Continually seek to leverage this knowledge to provide unique value throughout project/product lifecycle.
- Such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Provides initial post implementation support of newly rolled out applications and works with users to help them troubleshoot and resolve problems on their own.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in systems analysis, business analysis or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Great Plains, experience with other ERPs will be considered, but some knowledge of GP account modules will be very important.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Understanding of the traditional Software Development Life Cycle model and testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management & BA toolsets, including MS Project.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to facilitate troubleshooting system and business process issues
- Understanding of back office system processing, ranging from time entry to the General Ledger
- Ability to create SQL statements to extract, analyze, and update data where necessary
- Familiarity with Great Plains and preferred experience financial systems PeopleSoft or other similar ERP systems
- Experience with one of more of the following GP Modules –
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivables
- Sales Order Processing
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.