Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Manager, Network and Systems Operations
Coconut Creek, FloridaApply Now
Role: Manager, Network and Systems Operations
Location: Coconut Creek, Florida onsite
Compensation: $115K-$125K Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time/Perm
Our aviation industry client in Coconut Creek, Florida is looking for a Manager, Systems Engineering. You will lead the design, optimization, and production support of the Enterprise's network and systems environment, ensuring stable IT operations. Managing multiple priorities and projects, you'll work closely with technology teams, vendors, and global business units, requiring excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and manage business and project plans, deliverables, policies, processes, and procedures in support of business and departmental strategies, goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Design network systems, hardware, software, and peripherals across the enterprise as required.
- Ensure that network systems, hardware, software, and peripherals across the enterprise are installed and maintained as required.
- Identify resources for departmental activities and projects and provide technical and budgetary input and management of vendors/suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, teammates, direct reports, and vendors/suppliers.
- Solve business problems by performing analysis, preparing recommendation(s), and providing project leadership/management for successful implementation of relevant technology, business process modifications, and/or enhancements.
- Maintain network operations by ensuring that monitoring, measuring, and optimizing performance of all cloud-based and on-premise network hardware, storage, software, telephony, cabling, and data communications connections ensuring maximum uptime are taking place as required.
- Maintain and support policies, procedures, and documentation for SOX compliance.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, research, and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating, and escalating severe issues as appropriate.
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support ensuring timely feedback and closure as required.
- Provide escalated support for direct reports and teammates and perform work as required.
- Provide technical training for the Service Desk, staff, and team members as required.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Define, develop, and maintain network security, data integrity, and file system security processes and procedures.
- Perform knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for networks, systems, processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and recommend process, network, system, hardware, and software improvements and/or upgrades.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Assist team members as needed.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Transport equipment using personal vehicle between multiple facilities within assigned service area, as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
As Manager, Systems Engineering, you will also have the following supervisory responsibilities:
- Act as a role model and practice a participative management style – develop and foster teamwork.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Provide training for new employees.
- Perform informal and formal performance evaluations.
- Direct and prioritize team members' work as necessary.
- Celebrate successes, acknowledging individual contributions of each employee.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a technology related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing IT professionals
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing technology and technology projects
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation to transport equipment between multiple facilities within assigned service area
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally
Not right for you? We love to share $1,000 referral success bonuses!