Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 305-651-6500
Senior Engineering Manager, Platform Development
South Florida Hybrid, FloridaApply Now
Job Title: Senior Engineering Manager, Platform Development
Location: South Florida Hybrid
Job Type: Perm Full-Time
Salary: $220K+ Depending on Experience
Job ID: 7222
About This Role
You are a seasoned senior Engineer/Architect with experience from a very large enterprise. You will not be coding every day. You appreciate the developer experience and know how to evaluate priorities by the highest valued, shortest job first.
We are looking for capable professionals to oversee, lead and manage teams of specialized engineering professionals. You’ll help lead the effort of implementing and delivering cutting edge solutions that align with business needs, technology strategies and emerging industry standards.
Essential job functions:
- Draw on your deep technology expertise to provision, manage and support various technologies (tools, processes and documentation) to operate effectively.
- Implement Engineering strategy by introducing automations to build, test, and release code across applications, platforms and infrastructure.
- Partner with the Operations team to automatically integrate with the best tools and processes for automated/self-serve applications, platforms or infrastructure releases.
- Act as the expert or lead innovator and ‘change agent’ for programs or services under management.
- Anticipate internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommend process/product/organizational improvements.
- Manage resource requirements and assignments, make sure project milestones are met, schedules are on track and within budget.
- Oversee business expenses and FTE plans and ensure controls in place to monitor, effectively track and manage to establish plans.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
- Provide overall team leadership, training, coaching, development, succession, recruitment and resource management and provide on-going feedback and input into performance assessment and development plans for each team member.
- Clearly define and communicate strategies, objectives and accountabilities to team members and continually provide and enhance value delivered to business and internal partners.
- Apply expert technical skills to gain strong understanding of the team’s product (about half of your time will focus on technical issues).
- extensive experience working in a hybrid in-person/remote model of high-level asynchronous communication
- managing agile teams, producing products rapidly and driving iterative processes.
- experience with growth hacking.
- grit to get things done in a large organization.
- comfort with uncertainty, impediments, and occasional chaos.
- question and listen, address problems you identify and own your work.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- be curating and improving our onboarding experience firsthand and in real-time.
- meet with peers and leaders across the company to gain a sense of the team and how we partner with others in the organization to get things done.
- grow the team through your network, developing our new bar raising program.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- establish cadence for feedback from the team, 1 on 1’s and external requests.
- update leadership on progress with real-time team, product and engineering metrics.
- win the hearts of our engineers by simplifying and improving their day-to-day.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- conduct performance reviews and lead your reports through a comp review cycle.
- start partnering across the company to achieve bigger wins together.
- define the standard ways of working and grow engineering practices across the organization.
- work with peers to understand where we should be investing and doubling down.