Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
VP of IT
Our South Florida based client is hiring a Vice President of Information Technology to replace their retiring VP of IT of the past 10 years.
Compensation: based on experience, base plus great benefits and bonus.
The VP of IT will lead technology at this well-established, rapidly growing electronics and hardware product development company. Industries served include Medical, Telecommunications, Defense, and Aerospace.
In this mission-critical role, you will report to both the President and CFO, and lead the core IT department, as well as provide direction to multiple subsidiary IT departments.
In this role, you will interact with:
- 10 Top Executives
- 50+ General Managers
- Mergers & Acquisitions Team
The VP IT role provides direction and assistance to almost 100 IT professionals:
- 6 direct reports
- 30 indirect reports
- 50 people at subsidiaries
Time allocation of a typical week:
- 30% of time working with IT Security & Compliance Team
- 20% of time with Infrastructure Planning & Outages
- 20% Running 80 projects at any one time
- 10% of time 30 Budgets per year, approving invoices
- 10% with regular compliance & auditors
- 10% of time working with Mergers & Acquisition, Merger Assessments, Infrastructure Assessments, Post Acquisition implementations
- 10% catching your breath, resting & relaxation (oops, that makes 110%, scratch this last one)
Weekends: Couple of calls & emails over the weekend to validate that something that happened in production is being addressed.
From a technical architectural perspective, you must be able to sit down with a team of infrastructure engineers, support center engineers, security engineers and business analysts to describe a project, listen to solutions, hear them out, push back where needed, and architect a solution to assure security and scalability.
Management of the Engineering & Support team is core priority. There is a great team of technical expertise in house, the systems are running well, overall.
ITIL expertise is paramount, how to manage changes in production, how changes are approved, recorded, thought through, and successfully implemented.
Technical depth needed:
- Active Directory
- Many backup technologies
- ERP Systems SiteLine, Simex, Dynamics, Quantum, Pentagon, and multiple custom built. Many subsidiaries have their own custom build ERPs built in various old systems such as Pick, Access & FoxPro. Those systems may have to be migrated and/or integrated (moving at their speed of business people – support the business, go with the business decisions to make it work).
- 4 Year Technology Degree minimum
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Management coursework a plus
- Technical Certifications are a plus
- A minimum of 10 years as a CIO, VP of IT or IT Director in a heavily regulated global company.
- A minimum of 5-10 years as a IT Systems and/or Software Engineer.
- A deep experience level in providing IT services to the manufacturing, electronics and/or aerospace industries.