Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Audio Systems Technician
Type: Contract / Onsite
SherlockTalent is seeking an acoustics technician to join a team developing the next generation of wearable spatial computing devices. The role involves setup and running of audio tests, collaboration across teams, lab maintenance, and general audio team assistance.
- Run semi-automated acoustics tests, reviewing results and debugging as needed.
- Document results for Acoustics team review and publishing to external teams (SW, QA, etc.).
- Support audio team with basic electronics, soldering, setup, and internal company processes (purchases, NDAs, contracts, materials, etc.).
- Keep acoustics lab organized and stocked with the necessary equipment.
- Basic setup and support of Windows PCs in the acoustics lab.
- Debug audio failures using standard automated tests and methodical approach
- Minimum 3 years of work experience setting up and running acoustic tests of consumer electronic devices.
- Ability to follow setup manuals and test procedures.
- Ability to debug and repair electronics systems.
- Familiarity with electronics tools like multimeter, oscilloscope, soldering iron, etc.
- Proficiency in general computer tools (Google Sheets+Docs, Word, Excel, file storage, etc.).
- Experience running automated acoustics tests, debugging and reviewing data.
- Experience setting up and calibrating audio equipment like microphones, amplifiers, and HATS.
- Knowledge of basic acoustics.
- Ability to adapt tests to changes in device SW and objectives.
- Experience with testing SW devices.
- Experience with audio test systems including ACQUA, AP, Soundcheck, and Klippel.
- Experience with typical software tools like Jira (bugs) and Ariba (purchasing).
- Experience setting up audio systems (rackmount, power, wiring, connectors, amplifiers, balanced and unbalanced connections, phantom power, etc.).
- Experience with test scripting (Windows command line, Android ADB, etc.).
- High-school diploma or equivalent required. College or relevant technical training.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.