Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Software Development Test Engineer (SDK – C API)
Type: Contract / Onsite
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Software Development Test Engineer (SDK) is to verify and validate the quality of the Software Development Kits. The Sr. Software Development Test Engineer will focus on converting applicable manual test cases to an automated system as well as performing exploratory testing by creating apps and games utilizing supported game engines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders, developers and other members of QA to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios.
- Create sample apps and experiences using the organic SDK to provide end-user testing of APIs and libraries (with applicable game engines or native language).
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality test scripts.
- Develop / Test and Run manual and automated tests on a daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and verify software defects and other technical issues.
- Build and maintain test apps to continually prove the effectiveness and quality of the SDKs.
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on development in C/C++ and Python.
- 5+ years of experience in QA / Automation related testing
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing and reporting.
- Experience with mobile software development and developing custom applications.
- Experience with using operating system level APIs, and testing SDKs and applications on embedded devices/systems.
- Thorough understanding and detailed knowledge of game engine architecture.
- Experience creating custom tools to facilitate game development.
- Experience in OS/Objective C/Swift/ARKit and/or Android/Java/Kotlin/ARCore (for the MV/XR side).
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce.
- Comfortability extending and improving an established code base.
- Strong code analysis, investigatory and debugging skills.
- Experience designing and implementing User Interfaces is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of render pipelines, camera control, and lighting is a plus.
- Experience implementing networked multiplayer games is a plus.
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable.
- Experience with game engines is a plus (Unity, Unreal, etc.).
- Experience with 3D computer graphics/AR/VR is a plus.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude.
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.