Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
SDET – Graphics
Type: Contract / Onsite
SherlockTalent is seeking a Senior SDET for system test development and validation of the company's Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. The Sr. SDET will focus on the test development and execution needed to validate the requirements of the graphics middleware component, as well as how its functions within the product.
- Perform quality assurance tasks such as the development of test cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and execution of test plans. Testing will be done both at the API and system level in order to perform functional and nonfunctional validation of the algorithms, APIs, and services that make up the graphics deliverables:
- Execute subjective and exploratory testing in different environments and scenarios to verify graphical improvements in areas that are specific to the technology (jitter, judder, swim, color separation)
- Analyze various components of organic systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it.
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release.
- Develop scripts / samples where applicable on supported SDKs or native language to assist with the validation of requirements.
- Perform regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes and document program defects in a bug tracking database.
- As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of quality, own the bug process and recommend process improvements in a way that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices.
- 7+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on test.
- Expertise in OpenGL and Vulcan.
- Keen sense of observation for graphical defects.
- Current game console generation and/or PC industry game QA experience is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Unity and/or UE4 engines is highly desired.
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers.
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must.
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired.
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system.
- Scripting knowledge of Python, C#, UE4 Blueprint, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills to root cause complex issues.
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies. Must be a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude.
- BS in Computer Science is required (MS is preferred).
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.