Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Sr. Quality Data Engineer
Type: Contract / Onsite
SherlockTalent is looking for a full-stack software development and systems operations Engineer to support, collect, process, analyze and report on client Quality Data. In this position, the Engineer will be part of a team with the mandate to gather, evaluate, and improve the quality of the client’s software stack.
The Sr. Quality Data Engineer will design and implement scalable algorithms and data models to manage Quality Data processing for internal projects. S/he will lead choose and deploy commercial and open-source tools and technologies to manage quality data with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous development. The Engineer will also harness collected data to devise visualization, debugging, and simulation tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned, as well).
- Active development using Python and shell internal infrastructure projects and tests.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to describe and validate expected software behavior and performance.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to track metrics resulting from the execution of non-functional tests.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain quality data collection and reporting systems including data converters, databases, web services, and graphical reports.
- Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products.
- Evaluate and quantify various qualities of the software stack including source code, performance, reliability, power consumption, etc.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate collection and conversion of both software testing data and metric data from active devices.
- Devise visualization, debugging, and simulation tools to process and analyze collected data and represent it in a form that is simple and accessible to other teams and management.
- Work closely with Test, Software, Build and Integration engineers to develop tools for automation to continuously improve the release process and automation environment.
- For larger data projects, take ownership of project direction and provide technical team support.
To perform this job successfully, the Engineer must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills:
- Python3 development, using best practices and following PEP8
- Experience of REST APIs (using, designing and development)
- Experience making data visualizations like graphs or charts
- Knowledge of how to effectively parse and manage raw data files like logs/JSON/CSV/Parquet/Avro/XML/etc. (especially for large datasets >100GB)
- Design, deploy and maintain SQL or/and NoSQL databases (ideally one or more of both)
- Data pipeline tools like Hadoop, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, MapReduce, BigQuery, ELK, etc.
- Knowledge of orchestration tools like Rancher, Mesos and Kubernetes
- Recent experience managing and building Android/AOSP projects.
- Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Interaction and instrumenting Jenkins for metrics collection from various sources (e.g. from code changes)
- Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC in production environment.
Master or Doctorate degree; 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Currently, we are unable to sponsor.