Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Project Manager, IT Security
Type: Contract/Temp to Perm
SherlockTalent is seeking a seasoned IT Security Project Manager who will be responsible for managing and delivering one or more IT/Information Security project(s), within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost associated with the project.
- Planning: Facilitate cross-team planning and estimation of your IT Security projects. Facilitate scope discussions and help ensure there is alignment on what is in scope across the involved teams and leadership.
- Prioritization: Help facilitate prioritization conversations if resource contention, or other project-related issues, arise. Facilitate appropriate escalation to leadership if conflicts cannot be resolved.
- Project Management: Manage and monitor inter-connected IT/Security projects across various teams to ensure dependencies are exposed and scope is well understood.
- Track and monitor project status, ensuring risks are reviewed & mitigated, issues are escalated & resolved, and changes are documented & approved (utilizing their PPM solution).
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, with key stakeholders, to help ensure a holistic and thorough solution/view of your project(s).
- Ensure proper and timely project communication to all internal and external stakeholders (status reports, steering committee, resource managers, etc).
- Facilitate reviews of your Security projects with Sr Management, as needed.
- Team Structure & Staffing: Ensure your project teams are adequately staffed for the flawless execution of Security projects. Forecast and track team resource needs.
- Budget Management: Proactively and accurately manage your Security project financials to meet department planning, forecasting, and reporting deadlines.
- Risk Management: Own tracking and mitigating risk & issues across your Security project(s).
- Communications Management: Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams involved with information security (e.g., IT, Business, Networking, Systems, Finance, Vendors, etc).
- Acts as a steward of the company in ensuring that Security project budgets, under your management, are best utilized to achieve stated scope so that anticipated benefits are realize.
- Accountable for delivery of Security projects within budget, on schedule, and of quality.
- Solid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Information Security experience.
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing small teams and projects.
- Relevant certification in project management (preferred).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required.
- Expert with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Familiarity with PPM solutions (e.g., Workfront, Jira) for managing projects.
- Deep and broad experience with IT environments including network, data centers and related technology applications.
- Familiarity with information security frameworks such as with PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, or NIST.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management, project management, and leading through influence.
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers and management; experience at building effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Proactive, self-starter able to jump in, ramp-up and lead without a lot of oversight or direction.
- Must have ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet organizational goals.
- Remains current with industry trends, especially as related to contemporary project management techniques as they impact corporate objectives.
- Accepts accountability.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.